• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PoZitron20
    Newest Member
    PoZitron20

November 2020 Discussion

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Epic day enroute. Who doesn't love this!

I usually say that 10/15-11/15 is the best time to travel outside of New England.  I guess since that's :banned:we're extra grateful for the 4" of snow and now this lovely stuff.

Not sure if it dropped below 50 today.  Average low for the date is 27.  Heard some calendar-challenged spring peepers this morning while waiting in vain for a deer.

40 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Not sure if it dropped below 50 today.  Average low for the date is 27.  Heard some calendar-challenged spring peepers this morning while waiting in vain for a deer.

45 this morning 

Wow... it's a uniquely warm.  I mean... when arriving into a paradigm where all machine interpretive guidance is completely and utterly rendered meaningless. Odd-ball warmth may happen upon occasion for short stints ... but, this is going to be stretching believe-ability ... if that hasn't already occurred to civility. Actually 'civility' is zombied by other bs these days so they'll be blithe to it ...but that's a cynical rage for another debate... Anyway, the extent/ protracted aspect of days on end of it - oookay

...I recall some impressively warm temperatures in Nov and Dec's once in a while... but, ephemeral. They are typically short lived.  It was 72 F one evening, Dec 2nd, 2003... and a sharp cold front heralded in winter by the end of the same night... That was prior to the impressive snow event over eastern zones just 3 or 4 days later ( digression..)   Lots of those... xmas day 2014... I think it was near 70 in lagged CAA ... we did short sleeve family stroll in cargo shorts, not realizing that look was no longer ala mode - heh... but we get those warm intrusions just enough Oct-Dec/Jan.

But this?   

Nah...something's entirely different here.  70 to 82 F spanning days ... and the lows are not trivially above normal.  ORH being 59F for a low last night is not being handled by the MEX/MAV either...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wow... it's a uniquely warm.  I mean... when arriving into a paradigm where all machine interpretive guidance is completely and utterly rendered meaningless. Odd-ball warmth may happen upon occasion for short stints ... but, this is going to be stretching believe-ability ... if that hasn't already occurred to civility. Actually 'civility' is zombied by other bs these days so they'll be blithe to it ...but that's a cynical rage for another debate... Anyway, the extent/ protracted aspect of days on end of it - oookay

...I recall some impressively warm temperatures in Nov and Dec's once in a while... but, ephemeral. They are typically short lived.  It was 72 F one evening, Dec 2nd, 2003... and a sharp cold front heralded in winter by the end of the same night... That was prior to the impressive snow event over eastern zones just 3 or 4 days later ( digression..)   Lots of those... xmas day 2014... I think it was near 70 in lagged CAA ... we did short sleeve family stroll in cargo shorts, not realizing that look was no longer ala mode - heh... but we get those warm intrusions just enough Oct-Dec/Jan.

But this?   

Nah...something's entirely different here.  70 to 82 F spanning days ... and the lows are not trivially above normal.  ORH being 59F for a low last night is not being handled by the MEX/MAV either...

Definitely warm, 1975 Nov was very warm as well. My freshman year at college at URI. Days and days on the quad with too many Christine's. ORH

1975-11-02 63 45 54.0 9.3 11 0 0.00 0.0 0
1975-11-03 65 50 57.5 13.1 7 0 0.00 0.0 0
1975-11-04 67 51 59.0 14.9 6 0 0.03 0.0 0
1975-11-05 62 42 52.0 8.2 13 0 0.00 0.0 0
1975-11-06 59 36 47.5 4.0 17 0 0.00 0.0 0
1975-11-07 68 40 54.0 10.8 11 0 0.00 0.0 0
1975-11-08 68 58 63.0 20.1 2 0 0.29 0.0 0
1975-11-09 70 54 62.0 19.4 3 0 0.00 0.0 0
1975-11-10 63 50
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

But this?   

Torch!

It's only been warmer than the current 75F at CON this late in the season two other times.

78F 11/7/1938
76F 11/20/1991

That 76F is still within reach.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's only been warmer than the current 75F at CON this late in the season two other times.

78F 11/7/1938
76F 11/20/1991

That 76F is still within reach.

Almost another 2 weeks in though.  That's an impressive number.

34 minutes ago, radarman said:

Almost another 2 weeks in though.  That's an impressive number.

Yup. Those 2 low 70s in early Dec of 1998 and 2001 are impressive too. Nothing beats the 72° of New Year’s day 1876. 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

56F at the picnic tables and 70F down in the valley.... full torch!

Only plow piles left at my place now.

How about J Spin’s stake in the hollow?