• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

NHDOT can **** off. Scariest drive of my life and on Election Day morning. I93 from Sanbornton to Canterbury was a war zone. It looks like an ice storm in Atlanta. We were going 10mph in spots and you still couldn't stop yourself from sliding. Not one ****ing ounce of salt on the highway either. I finally got to work, but I'm still shaking. JFC

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

NHDOT can **** off. Scariest drive of my life and on Election Day morning. I93 from Sanbornton to Canterbury was a war zone. It looks like an ice storm in Atlanta. We were going 10mph in spots and you still couldn't stop yourself from sliding. Not one ****ing ounce of salt on the highway either. I finally got to work, but I'm still shaking. JFC

But hey low taxes!

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah... this stuff can make it treacherous if they don't treat it.  It was pretty well forecast

35 minutes ago, dendrite said:

NHDOT's  policy  for snow and ice removal is "it will melt in the spring" 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

The one inch storms are the worst  especially falling as the commute begins. Traffic melts the snow and its instant refreeze. Glad you are ok and very glad I have no commute 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The one inch storms are the worst  especially falling as the commute begins. Traffic melts the snow and its instant refreeze. Glad you are ok and very glad I have no commute 

It was 32-33° during the squall and the road has some trapped heat so I think it melted shortly after falling. Then it cleared and dropped to 30° so it was a good recipe for sheet black ice. The squalls came through around 4am so there was plenty of time to salt...just poor judgment on NHDOT’s part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Lol. What a melt 

38 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This is the best thing about working from home.  We only had 4" so I probably wouldn't have shoveled anyway since it is going to melt soon but it will be nice not having to get up at 5:00 to clear the driveway.  It will be really nice not having to drive on crappy roads with idiots running summer tires while driving 80 mph on ice too.