Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter 2020-21 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Hoosier

8 minutes ago, Geoboy645 said:

WK34temp.png

Week 3-4 Outlooks - Precipitation Probability

I hope we can break this pattern come January cause otherwise we may seriously have an 11-12 2.0. Also make this the 4th year in a row and the 6th out of the last 10 to have a warm and dry december. This gets really really old after a while.

Technically your area is in the Equal Chances for precip. So maybe it won't be dry.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Geoboy645 said:

WK34temp.png

I hope we can break this pattern come January cause otherwise we may seriously have an 11-12 2.0. Also make this the 4th year in a row and the 6th out of the last 10 to have a warm and dry december. This gets really really old after a while.

You can't call 11-12 in November lol. And the only time you will see Noaa's maps in blue is when an absolutely imminent cold snap is coming. This time in 2005 or 2016 it was a nice snowy outlook headed into the holidays. Meanwhile after new years...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Geoboy645 said:

WK34temp.png

I can't say that I've ever seen a temperature forecast map like that.

10 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

When Cyclone and Hawkeye are zzzzz it usually means those of us that live in the east ghetto around I70 have something to look forward to lol.

:lol:

Yeah, at least the first 10 days of December are looking like a snooze-fest for most of us.  Hopefully the last 2/3 of the month produce or we're in for yet another shitbag December for snow.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Unbelievable how bad Decembers have been. Climate change might be real 

Just expect Decembers to be lame. Maybe a couple week window where the pattern evolves just right to get some snow and colder temps during the winter. Winter is just 30-45F temps with bouts of rain and light snow. You add up all the 1-3" inchers and wind up with 20-35" sometime in late April. This year you don't even have the abnormal snows of Oct. and Nov. you had the last 2yrs around ORD. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Unbelievable how bad Decembers have been. Climate change might be real 

Decembers have been streaky. some very good and very bad ones the last few decades. All balances out. The OV has had some crappy Decembers since the beginning of climate records, although the feast or famine of recent years is something. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

What I've really noticed missing in winters of late are clippers.  6-7 years ago could at least guarantee a couple 3 or 4 day clipper trains.  Here in the hinterlands those were money for us.  I don't think I've seen a real clipper in 3 years.

Truth.  Almost have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5