Most Online
    InsulationProsofColorado
    Newest Member
    InsulationProsofColorado
Amped

Delta Banter Thread

Okay I'll start.

The windspeeds are gong to have a pretty big Delta

Going through the eyewall was like going through a Delta function.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

Okay I'll start.
The windspeeds are gong to have a pretty big Delta
Going through the eyewall was like going through a Delta function.
This is gonna be a memefrst isnt it...

I'm onboard for the ride

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

None have been retired, the WMO says they won’t, but I bet they’d change their mind/the whole system if delta is a nuclear Yucatán hit or a major US hit. 

that's what I figure, thanks

11 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I haven't followed him in the past couple of days.  I assumed he was staying put in the US.  He's the man.  Going to get  another major under his belt.  Wow

I just checked his FB page and no mention of where he is although he usually only updates it once a day at the most.

14 minutes ago, yotaman said:

I just checked his FB page and no mention of where he is although he usually only updates it once a day at the most.

He tweets to his hardcore fans but facebooks for the peons

Josh already admitted earlier this season on Twitter that he would travel to the the Yucatán or Rivera Maya if it was in play for a major. No surprise at all that he is there.

59 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

so we're wasting another one on shrimp people 

when you say shrimp people, is it a shrimp-sized person, or a person-sized shrimp with humanoid attributes and intelligence, like a character from Bojack Horseman?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

when you say shrimp people, is it a shrimp-sized person, or a person-sized shrimp with humanoid attributes and intelligence, like a character from Bojack Horseman?

People of Cajunx identity

It's pretty ridiculous that populated regions and resort cities like Cancun and Playa del Carmen still do not have their own weather radar system. Cancun has an international corporate influence and infrastructure now, and it being in a prime Western Caribbean locale for powerful hurricanes, you'd think some of these companies would try help get an adequate radar system down there. We're only 20 years into the 21st Century.

I realize Cuba has a radar that reaches the NE Yucatán but it's at a long-distance and attenuated.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Windspeed said:

It's pretty ridiculous that populated regions and resort cities like Cancun and Playa del Carmen still do not have their own weather radar system. Cancun has an international corporate influence and infrastructure now, and it being in a prime Western Caribbean locale for powerful hurricanes, you'd think some of these companies would try help get an adequate radar system down there. We're only 20 years into the 21st Century.

I realize Cuba has a radar that reaches the NE Yucatán but it's at a long-distance and attenuated.

yeah very surprising in this day and age....

3 minutes ago, Prospero said:

The spaghetti plots are inching westward.

http://flhurricane.com/modelanimator.php?storm=26&year=2020&title=26

Am I crazy or is this much more common than adjusting eastward?  Seems like almost every storm has a predicted turn to the north that gets postponed many times.

18 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Am I crazy or is this much more common than adjusting eastward?  Seems like almost every storm has a predicted turn to the north that gets postponed many times.

Until the last moments anyway...

5 hours ago, Windspeed said:

Agree. The Yucatan and Belize should have high quality radars.