• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob

October 2020 Discussion

13 minutes ago, alex said:

Posted in wrong thread probably but snowcover still hanging around here. It seems pretty unusual for this time of the year to have 48+ hr of snowcover at relatively low elevations. 

I left Pittsburg this morning and the snow was crusted over after softening up yesterday. Wouldve been a great base builder in a month, had some meat to it. 

Snowpack got thin between Stratford and Lancaster, then picked up again south of Lancaster to the notch. Quickly dropped to nothing along 93 on the southside of the notch. 

14 minutes ago, alex said:

Lol. I assume that's hyperbolic???

I wish. 12/3’s 5” lasted all of about 3 days before vaporizing. Longest stretch of snow cover all winter. Granted, I’m pretty heavily marine influenced. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That's one big hill 75 miles away.

121677216_10104348074206300_700419315291

Great picture!  

Put that 6288ft mountain on top of a 5280ft plateau, like most of the hills west of the Mississippi sit on, and that hill can compete with many of the hills out west.   

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Great picture!  

Put that 6288ft mountain on top of a 5280ft plateau, like most of the hills west of the Mississippi sit on, and that hill can compete with many of the hills out west.   

In fact, one can do a 5,000 vertical foot day-hike from the Great Gulf trailhead to the summit of Mt. W.  That's tough to find in Colorado.  The big climbs are amomg the Cascadian volcanoes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lets dry out a bit and get the grass to green up. We enjoy green with the backdrop of oaks turning. 

Was dry by Saturday evening.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What good is that with massive SE ridging all winter?

So you'd rather it flood with pig warmth? You need the source region cold if you want a chance.

• Like 1

I  know its not sexy, but its necessary. Akin to why Wakefield was underappreciated with the Red Sox....guys who throw 200 serviceable IP/season do not grow on trees. You can't win without them.

The cold source is Tim Wakefield....Pedro's starts would not have mattered without guys like him.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I  know its not sexy, but its necessary. Akin to why Wakefield was underappreciated with the Red Sox....guys who throw 200 serviceable IP/season do not grow on trees. You can't win without them.

The cold source is Tim Wakefield....Pedro's starts would not have mattered without guys like him.

It is especially true in La Nina....you can sometimes get away with a mildish Canada in El Nino.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I wish. 12/3’s 5” lasted all of about 3 days before vaporizing. Longest stretch of snow cover all winter. Granted, I’m pretty heavily marine influenced. 

Sheesh that's crazy. I spent lots of time in Amesbury many years ago and snow cover always seemed fairly consistent in the winter 

51 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Knuckle vortex with no spin?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Did they ever win with him?

5 minutes ago, alex said:

Sheesh that's crazy. I spent lots of time in Amesbury many years ago and snow cover always seemed fairly consistent in the winter 

Amesbury and Rockport are night and day though. Amesbury is pretty far north and just inland enough to help. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Congrats Northern Saskatchewan?

Will look forward to sipping my coffee looking out at the snow, while you ping.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1