• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bluewater Performance
    Newest Member
    Bluewater Performance

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

24 for my morning low with heavy frost. Good luck folks! Hopefully this quick hitting storm brings everyone that has been missing out enough snow to cover your yards. Cataloochee may get that 100 inch base overnight!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maggie Ace said:

24 for my morning low with heavy frost. Good luck folks! Hopefully this quick hitting storm brings everyone that has been missing out enough snow to cover your yards. Cataloochee may get that 100 inch base overnight!

Even though those newer guns were installed years ago, it still amazes me how fast they can go from zero to a skiable base (12 - 18") in under 24 hours. Tammy told me one season they had a 500k energy bill in just one month! That was before their guns and lines were upgraded. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, natbright said:

I’ll be ok with that :)  it’s nice to be at the higher end of the map.

Much better spot than the last few rounds.

I forget, what is your elevation and how far south down 276 are you (no need to be specific, landmarks are fine)? 

• Like 1

Just now, Local Yokel Wx said:

Much better spot than the last few rounds.

I forget, what is your elevation and how far south down 276 are you (no need to be specific, landmarks are fine)? 

I am right before camp hope at about 3300.

I'm thinking general 2 to 3 across McDowell with 3 to 5 close to the Blue Ridge and at higher elevations 

• Like 1

I’m liking the trends on the hrrr and rap they keep inching north with the initial band. Both have 6 inch line running through southern Macon county another 5-10 mile Shift and I’ll be happy.

Anyone in thr valleys concerned about temps.  Hourly forecasts dont show freezing or below temps for any appreciable time, if at all....seems similar to January in that regard 

55 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

I’m liking the trends on the hrrr and rap they keep inching north with the initial band. Both have 6 inch line running through southern Macon county another 5-10 mile Shift and I’ll be happy.

Hopefully we can squeeze a 4-6 event

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Hopefully we can squeeze a 4-6 event

I’m starting to like our chances it looks like we might get a little back side action as well. I would say 3-6 would be a good call right now.

21 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

Temps starting to fall now. I’m back below 40.

Just dropped to 39 here. Definitely a chill in the air. 

I just dont see this verifying at these temps.  Wouldnt be surprised to wake up to a half inch of wet slop...GSP backing off totals on the WSW