Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

10 hours ago, dryslot said:

Some areas in NNE could see high temps in the 50-60's in the higher elevations on Weds with temps in the 30's overnight Weds into Thurs morning and widespread 40's in the lower elevations.

Flakes and/or IP on the Rockpile?  
6 PM shower put another 0.01" in the gauge, now 0.04" since Isaias.  Can we keep dodging the strong TS like we've done all summer?  A couple last month gave decent rains but the donner and blitzen has been lacking and 20 mph is tops for winds.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I miss antiswampazz Scoot. 

I’m just over the monotony of rainless heat. Time for a change. 

For the first time ever, I'm not really looking forward to winter. Just too many complications with COVID. The warm weather allows for lots more options. So I am here for torch and swamp UFN. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

For the first time ever, I'm not really looking forward to winter. Just too many complications with COVID. The warm weather allows for lots more options. So I am here for torch and swamp UFN. 

Well...it didn’t magically just go away in the summer like some said it would so it can’t get any worse in the winter, can it?

12 minutes ago, tamarack said:

6 PM shower put another 0.01" in the gauge, now 0.04" since Isaias.  Can we keep dodging the strong TS like we've done all summer?  A couple last month gave decent rains but the donner and blitzen has been lacking and 20 mph is tops for winds.

It will be pretty cold aloft with temps around +4c@H8 so its possible they see frozen up there, We've been 7-10'd pretty regularly here all month, Yesterday we moved into the fringe category, Maybe today is the day we see steadier showers, We shall see.

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m not looking forward to winter either, but I’d at least like my windows open during the day. Closed up with AC isn’t much better. 

53 minutes ago, tamarack said:

You parched

Well rat's bid...  

no sooner did I labor an op ed about the lacking real pattern change toward autumn... the GFS goes bonkers - the thing is ...this big vortex over JB with 590 heights jammed clear to almost Chicago is ... is almost terrifyingly indicative of a planet in peril

gfs_namer_264_500_vort_ht.gif

• Like 2

Actually the Euro/EPS migrate the westerly band some 10 latitude S as well... but ...notice the heights are not really relaxing S of ORD-BOS  latitude across the continent; they are reducing due to compression - that's a gradient saturation.  

That's setting up ( already!!!) ginormous gradient and jet core velocities ( relative to season/calendar) ... One thing for certain, it's going to make for an interesting modeling journey as we turn the corner over the next couple of weeks and beyond... 

41 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Actually the Euro/EPS migrate the westerly band some 10 latitude S as well... but ...notice the heights are not really relaxing S of ORD-BOS  latitude across the continent; they are reducing due to compression - that's a gradient saturation.  

That's setting up ( already!!!) ginormous gradient and jet core velocities ( relative to season/calendar) ... One thing for certain, it's going to make for an interesting modeling journey as we turn the corner over the next couple of weeks and beyond... 

Just in time to squash/grind any shortwaves come winter?