• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

July 2020 Discussion

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Now have 3.2” for the month of July.  Drought canceled! 

Flip flop we dry now. Lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I need to retire and get back to Pit2.  Enough of heat and humidity.

Highs for the rest of the week:

70  Wed

67  Thur

66  Fri

79  Sat

Channeling my inner-Scooter.... those sound like ideal temperatures to have at a beach house.  "Just steps away from the ocean, the beach house is a perfect place to escape to in the summer.  Not for the swimming, but because you can wear a shawl on the porch at 2pm in the afternoon and be comfortable."

17 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I need to retire and get back to Pit2.  Enough of heat and humidity.

Highs for the rest of the week:

70  Wed

67  Thur

66  Fri

79  Sat

That sounds absolutely horrific in summer  Glad we’ll never live there 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Channeling my inner-Scooter.... those sound like ideal temperatures to have at a beach house.  "Just steps away from the ocean, the beach house is a perfect place to escape to in the summer.  Not for the swimming, but because you can wear a shawl on the porch at 2pm in the afternoon and be comfortable."

Yeah we take temps much warmer at the beach/lake etc. We toss otherwise. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah we take temps much warmer at the beach/lake etc. We toss otherwise. 

Highs in the 60s at the beach with patchy fog is the equivalent of 40s and rain showers in a ski town in January. 

I'd think you'd want big heat and humidity living a stone's throw from the ocean.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Highs in the 60s at the beach with patchy fog is the equivalent of 40s and rain showers in a ski town in January. 

I'd think you'd want big heat and humidity living a stone's throw from the ocean.

Funny story. About 10 years ago I went down to Marshfield heading for a day at the beach. We got there and it was one of those days where it was an extremely humid day. Winds went light onshore and this very shallow marine layer moved in. Maybe 100-200’ thick. Pea soup fog as the sun still shines through. I heard this mother who sounded like an extra on the set of The Departed say..” I came all the way down here for this ****ing shit?” :lol:   I was dying. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Chamber music this week.

download.png

download (1).png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Chamber music this week.

Looks good this week for sure.  This evening turned Chamber worthy.  After the rain stopped, I took the dog up for a walk on the hill.  The sky cleared so fast after the rain, except for the low level moisture.  I love this time of year, when you can start a hike at 6:30pm and have plenty of daylight when you get down at 8:30pm.  This was somewhere in the middle.

60s and a decent breeze up here crossing the Sensation Quad liftline.

2L8A6087_edited-2-1.jpg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Wow, we have 1/3 of that just to your south. 

.62 here for the month yikes

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not a cloud in the sky and still muggy with dews in low 60’s. Inches and inches and inches of rain in July 

COC today and tomorrow.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

COC today and tomorrow.

Any big heat? besides Sunday? did not look that bad on the EURO.. Looks like dews comeback for a few days next week before they drop again late next week?

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

Any big heat? besides Sunday? did not look that bad on the EURO.. Looks like dews comeback for a few days next week before they drop again late next week?

It will get hot with temps in the 90s. But yeah, cool off and dew drop later next week. Still warm though.

Ensembles show the uber heat staying west. Sort of MOTS (thank you Dick Albert) and although we'll get some bursts of heat, we'll be prone to fropas like we just had too.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

.62 here for the month yikes

We had 0.65" from May 17 thru June 27 - wonderful for getting the garden started.  :thumbsdown:    Since then we've had 8.33"; maybe go from dust to mushrooms?

Edit:  06z GFS OP shows 0.26" over the next 16 days.  Pendulum swings again?