Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

On 6/25/2020 at 7:13 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

You do understand how those work right? It’s built into the algorithm. I’ve seen you post these silly forecasts in the winter mentioning snow everyday and it flurries once. There’s probs everyday for rain. You’ll maybe see measurable one of those days lol

On 6/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Post on Wednesday night how many days it rained and your total and we’ll match it up to your posted forecast 

We'll  call it a 4 for 4.  Sounds like Hall of Fame numbers.  Who knows, maybe we can eek out a bonus day tomorrow.  Missed out on the big rains, had to settle for a paltry 2.05" (so far).

And I'll say again, I am NOT the one on this board who calls for 'days and days of snow'.  I'll give you three guesses who does though.  :)

Looks like no big heat in the short term.  Peek of climate temps less than 3 weeks away.  We move.on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We'll  call it a 4 for 4.  Sounds like Hall of Fame numbers.  Who knows, maybe we can eek out a bonus day tomorrow.  Missed out on the big rains, had to settle for a paltry 1.5" (so far).

And I'll say again, I am NOT the one on this board who calls for 'days and days of snow'.  I'll give you three guesses who does though.  :)

Looks like no big heat in the short term.  Peek of climate temps less than 3 weeks away.  We move.on.

Sometimes posts are best used as contrarian indicators , some have several 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Good point.  We are just having my brother in law and his family. No one is working Monday.   Not a big deal

The party starts on Friday and goes until Monday here. Endless food, alcohol, edibles, and music. It’s been a tough couple months for the country. No one is thinking of work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The party starts on Friday and goes until Monday here. Endless food, alcohol, edibles, and music. It’s been a tough couple months for the country. No one is thinking of work. 

I'm on my way.  I'll stop at NETA Northampton on the way down I-91.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Dogs don't stop being sick unfortunately Monday is a work day for my wife and our friends.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

We'll  call it a 4 for 4.  Sounds like Hall of Fame numbers.  Who knows, maybe we can eek out a bonus day tomorrow.  Missed out on the big rains, had to settle for a paltry 2.05" (so far).

MPM for the Win. Good call..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That wasn’t a shot at you. People have to work and dogs are our most prized family members right behind the kids. We have off so no one here is thinking of it. Work hard play hard.

Wait till the kids are teenagers, the dogs will move up on the list.  On a similar note, when we my brother and I would act up as teenagers, my mother would tell us she wished she had traded us for puppies when we were little.  It took many years and having my own kid get to that age before I really understod her sentiment. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Wait till the kids are teenagers, the dogs will move up on the list.  On a similar note, when we my brother and I would act up as teenagers, my mother would tell us she wished she had traded us for puppies when we were little.  It took many years and having my own kid get to that age before I really understod her sentiment. :lol:

I don’t have to wait until they are teenagers. I have those thoughts already at 4 and 1. JK...kinda.

34 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Well said and true. In my case I hope to move up in the list above my felines some day. As always .....

GFS went nuts last run with the moisture handling for Sunday.  BML had a dp of 66 at 00z, 50 at 06z.  And east of the front dews spike to 70 in RI and SEMA.  It's no wonder it's putting out lousy wx for Sunday on the coast, which to be fair, it's had for a few runs in a row now.  Hoping its wrong.  Nammy looks a little more realistic with a diffuse front, hung back a little bit, and some remaining subsidence on the coast behind the departing wave offshore. 

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

37 for me the end of the month, But we lived together for 6 yrs before we got married, So its like 43 yrs.........:)

Well done, that’s awesome. I think Steve is around there too. We are only at 8 this Sept but have known each other for 20. I think I was the fall back option during those 12. 

• Haha 1