• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard

SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

6z gfs sends just a incredible E swell from Prolly N shore of Boston to SW Maine (ESP SE NH) that is very very large 

How large are we talking on this image?

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

How large are we talking on this image?

You can the GFS/EURO slowed TEDDY  in the last day ...lingering at a favorable spot longer in the NE Mass/ SE NH/S Maine swell window . The  slight "hook" back west happens at a latitude much more favorable to deliver a bombing East Swell 

14.6 feet at 16 seconds is what i see for "the wall" Near Hampton Beach NH Tuesday late afternoon.  I can't recall bigger for that spot

Looks like Based on a East Swell you can count on surf crashing well over the wall At Nantasket and Nahant later Tuesday afternoon and probably a lot of road closures . One of the last Very high Tides of the month is the Tues Pm high tide and that is mid P.M at Nahant. 

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You can the GFS/EURO slowed TEDDY  in the last day ...lingering at a favorable spot longer in the NE Mass/ SE NH/S Maine swell window . The  slight "hook" back west happens at a latitude much more favorable to deliver a bombing East Swell 

14.6 feet at 16 seconds is what i see for "the wall" Near Hampton Beach NH Tuesday late afternoon.  I can't recall bigger for that spot

Looks like Based on a East Swell you can count on surf crashing well over the wall At Nantasket and Nahant later Tuesday afternoon and probably a lot of road closures . One of the last Very high Tides of the month is the Tues Pm high tide and that is mid P.M at Nahant. 

This will bang.  New Moon Goon

Screenshot_20200919-143624_Chrome.jpg

34 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ok, I think I can enjoy a beach day on Tuesday. I know nothing about surf, but 10-20 ft swells sound interesting. Thanks @Ginx snewx & @STILL N OF PIKE.

Just realize the swell be down considerably along RI coast as it begins to come from more Due east Tuesday p.m and aims at Eastern Ma/NH/S Maine sections .

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just realize the swell be down considerably along RI coast as it begins to come from more Due east Tuesday p.m and hits Eastern Ma/NH/S Maine sections hardest

Right now I’m thinking NE Mass (the areas you mentioned) or the Cape. Not too far a drive. 

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Right now I’m thinking NE Mass (the areas you mentioned) or the Cape. Not too far a drive. 

Awesome Man! Salisbury beach is Gorgeous with Great Public access. Other areas may see closures along shore. Anything North of Chatham on Cape will be EPIC.

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just realize the swell be down considerably along RI coast as it begins to come from more Due east Tuesday p.m and hits Eastern Ma/NH/S Maine sections hardest

Awesome trip to Ptown with 20 to 30 footers. 10 to 15 RI coast 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Awesome Man! Salisbury beach is Gorgeous with Great Public access. Other areas may see closures along shore. Anything North of Chatham on Cape will be EPIC.

yea Gulf of Maine, even Gloucester should be nutz

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Awesome trip to Ptown with 20 to 30 footers. 10 to 15 RI coast 

Race point faces Due north in Truro, and should be onshore and not really having much East Exposure but Truro to Eastham should "Jack". 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Race point faces Due north in Truro, and should be onshore and not really having much East Exposure but Truro to Eastham should "Jack". 

Sick,Maguires

Screenshot_20200919-160219_Chrome.jpg

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sick,Maguires

Screenshot_20200919-160219_Chrome.jpg

One last thing

The Swell Energy Metric is off the Charts for Eastern Areas on Tuesday (3700) Kilo Joules

https://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Nahant-Beach/forecasts/latest/six_day

Coast Guard Beach (Eastham) is highest i've found at 5300 Kilo Joules) Tues P.m

https://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Nahant-Beach/forecasts/latest/six_day

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I watch the Bouy Data as i am spanked . 

I am working along route 1 mon, tue,wed...North Hampton, Rye, Rye Beach, New Castle. With those swells at high tide, the usual "flooded" areas, I assume a lot of road closures?

4 minutes ago, 512high said:

I am working along route 1 mon, tue,wed...North Hampton, Rye, Rye Beach, New Castle. With those swells at high tide, the usual "flooded" areas, I assume a lot of road closures?

Route 1 (A) should be fun along the points

12 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Route 1 (A) should be fun along the points

TY my bad, yes Route 1A......lol all the surfers that line up from the "wall" (hampton, ocean blvd at around 18th st) and into Rye,  will be surfing , unless like you mentioned heavy closures....would have liked the rain out of this....

This is becoming less and less of a high impact event for Atlantic Canada. It just blows its load early and rots and fills under the block. I mentioned a few days ago that this was possible. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

This is becoming less and less of a high impact event for Atlantic Canada. It just blows its load early and rots and fills under the block. I mentioned a few days ago that this was possible. 

Yep looks like it. Earlier runs had it moving with some purpose, but now it just meanders before being shunted NE. Eliminates any westward progression possibilities and lowers the max wind potential for NS. Bullet (mostly) dodged. 

18 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yep looks like it. Earlier runs had it moving with some purpose, but now it just meanders before being shunted NE. Eliminates any westward progression possibilities and lowers the max wind potential for NS. Bullet (mostly) dodged. 

Yup, That difference that saves N.S is what increased the storms time in Eastern areas Swell window .

• Like 1

What a pos Teddy looks like this hour tho - eesh

It's either formulated a 100 mi eye ...or, it's gulp in shit ton of dry air now rattling around inside and gutting out...

World's biggest turd in the world's biggest punch bowl during the world's worst most active season on record - weird season

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Finally some good news in 2020. I’ll take a strong nor’easter over a cane no problem. Maybe Teddy will become a further shell of its former self. Still expecting some amazing waves. I’m gonna try to get near the coast to see it myself. Depending on conditions and road closures.(Authorities like to keep gawkers at away. For good reason)

#NovaScotiaStrong

Good Swell in Newport today .  Up to 5-10 min lulls in between some sets but some well over head high sets every hour or so w a lot of power at Ruggles. Some sets were just so much larger than others, w approximately 10 foot faces easily on one set.

• Weenie 1