Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

ehh not sure I totally agree with that. Given the position of the trough axis and mean flow ahead of it we'll get typical summer-time pop up downpours and t'storms daily...but to your point certainly nothing that would provide widespread relief.

It would be like Fay. All this hype and talk of widespread soakings and it would end up hit and miss with Bermuda blues and low topped streamers . As boring an outcome as possible

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It would be like Fay. All this hype and talk of widespread soakings and it would end up hit and miss with Bermuda blues and low topped streamers . As boring an outcome as possible

This is a completely different scenario than Fay...IMO. Perhaps the second half of the week would be more likely to be on the drier side as the flow flattens out but regardless of what happens with Isaias the flow is strong and southerly with an approaching front. Even if it were to go into FL...I am sure we would tap into moisture and advect it northward. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dryslot said:

NHC shifting the cone further west.

image.png.fb761dbe0f61121afc793252c887853c.png

Matters for Bahamas to NC but it seems the westerlies usually lead to adjustments east once it reaches 35N latitude , it’s rare for a system w out a classic Ohio trough to not tickle east (as for some reason models) seem poor with its angle of movement between 35-45 N latitude and always correct toward less of a NNE component and more toward NE /ENE (in my experience)

maybe Mets can chime in on the chances for the east trough to align more favorable for a more poleward north motion above 35N as opposed to the opposite 

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Usually first week of Aug is stellar, I use to take that week off years back before i had my own company when working for a previous employer.

Thanks, I'm legitimately down about it. My girlfriend wanted to take off the 3rd week in August but I figured the earlier the better.

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Matters for Bahamas to NC but it seems the westerlies usually lead to adjustments east once it reaches 35N latitude , it’s rare for a system w out a classic Ohio trough to not tickle east (as for some reason models) seem poor with its angle of movement between 35-45 N latitude and always correct toward less of a NNE component and more toward NE /ENE (in my experience)

maybe Mets can chime in on the chances for the east trough to align more favorable for a more poleward north motion above 35N as opposed to the opposite 

Good reason why its hard to get a LF tropical system up this way, Usually, One, They're transitioning to extra tropical because of colder waters (which may not be the case this year) and two, They usually are hauling azz as the climb latitude as the get above 40N after considerable weakening.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1