• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

May Discobs 2020

31 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

My local NWS says for tonight, and I’m quoting exactly ... “Occasional rain, mainly before 2 am, then occasional rain”

Say what? :lol:

It only occasionally makes sense, occasionally 

• Haha 1

850s are cold.  It’s like a once in a lifetime. May setup.  I can’t believe I am saying this but if it were only April instead

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

it’s sad that the GFS is so bad. that said, I’m in.

It’s such a bad weather model...it’ll show snow in mid June probably.  

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

If we stay in this type of a pattern, it likely will!!

• Haha 1

It has happened, albeit I'm referring to the infamous year without summer in 1816, and this ain't 1816.  None the less, snow is snow, no matter when it falls and if we do get anything this weekend, even snow TV, we'll all be jumping for joy.  We need something to release the tension in the COVID and Banter forums.  There's a limit to what yeast, malt, barley and hops can do alone.  

Its not like its never happened. Not that long ago on  May 9th 1977 a trace fell in many locals Baltimore on north I'm pretty sure . 

Timing looks decent:)

13 minutes ago, nj2va said:

3" for Atlantic city in May. That always happens.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

May 7th 1989 in western VA and WV, from a trace to 2.5 inches reported.

There was a May snowstorm that affected the higher elevations in VA and NC when I was a kid. Would have been around then. But I remember some higher totals very high up, places above 4000 feet in SW VA and NC. I also thought it was later in May, almost Memorial Day but my memory might be off it was a loooong time ago and where I was in NJ it was just a miserable weekend with temps around 50 with rain. 

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

There was a May snowstorm that affected the higher elevations in VA and NC when I was a kid. Would have been around then. But I remember some higher totals very high up, places above 4000 feet in SW VA and NC. I also thought it was later in May, almost Memorial Day but my memory might be off it was a loooong time ago and where I was in NJ it was just a miserable weekend with temps around 50 with rain. 

I vaguely remember a late storm down in NC mountains but I'd have to go record searching.

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This one? http://climate.ncsu.edu/climate/winter/event_details?e=618

It wasn’t late in the month but it’s the first one that comes to mind. 30” at Mt. Mitchell. 

25 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

3" for Atlantic city in May. That always happens.

The virus has created it's own cold air nobody is out breathing their hot breath

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

The virus has created it's own cold air nobody is out breathing their hot breath

It's happening again but for different reasons. Global warming is not canceled sorry guys.

I have a photo framed on the wall of my pub showing the snow that accumulated on the ridges in the area from a snowfall on May 21, 2002.   Getting close to June at that point.  Of course that was on the back end of an infamous horrible winter.

I saw a coating of snow in the high elevations of Garrett County in late May in 1975.  The previous day was warm, but thunderstorms and hail moved in late in the afternoon followed by sharply colder temps overnight.  I was in 6th grade, staying in a cabin for what was then referred to as "outdoor school," when we spent a week at a camp.  No heat in the cabins and none of us had prepared for freezing temps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Happy hour delivers. Even in May lol!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Reality- Canaan sees an inch or 2 of slop. Everywhere else, nada.

Yep, I’m not expecting anything here for accumulation.  I’m sure I’ll see snow but aside for a coating on the car/deck if rates keep up, I’m not banking on the 7” GFS gives me.  Unless I slant stick.

Yep, I’m not expecting anything here for accumulation.  I’m sure I’ll see snow but aside for a coating on the car/deck if rates keep up, I’m not banking on the 7” GFS gives me.  Unless I slant stick.

That would take some hella slant sticking. 

Calling Ravensrule for consultation.

• Haha 3