Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter 2020

George BM

19 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Woke to hear of a tornado on the SE side of Atlanta. My sister lives just East if Decatur. I have texted her but no reply. Am guessing she is sleeping after the crazy night. Does anyone know the location of this particular tornado. Having a hard time checking online about it. 

Does this possibly help?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/live-updates-severe-storms-moving-through-metro-atlanta/ar-BB12wO4Z

• Like 1

Thank you! Not sure why I was not finding 

13 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Thank you! Not sure why I was not finding this. I did hear back from her finally via text to just say they are ok and will talk later. I imagine they were up very early this morning. They actually yesterday set up their basement so they could just sleep down there to be pro active. 

• Like 2

Ok just heard from my sister. They were under the warning from the storm in SE Atlanta this morning. They live in Avondale Estates. She said the sirens went off at 2:50 am and they all got into their safe place. The storm weakened and the warning was allowed to drop at 3 am. 

We were actually supposed to be there this weekend visiting. But because of travel restrictions were not. I am just glad they are safe. 

Now just onto our dealing with this system. 

• Like 3

Just now, losetoa6 said:

The covid thread is constantly political.  Wish there was 0 tolerance for that crap. I come on here to get away from that trash . Hope moderators put a stop to it . 

please report specific posts that you find unsavory. we all have our views and everything is subjective. I, as a moderator, cannot provide you a pleasant experience if you are going to complain about it here instead of reporting the posts you do not like.

thanks.

^^ that post goes for everyone. Its a thin line to walk between what is covid talk and what gets into the political weeds. complaining about it in a banter thread does no good what so ever. you need to report posts so we moderators see specifically the issues.

this goes for any thread, at any time. i'm not about to hunt down posts that people bitch about in another thread

4 hours ago, mappy said:

lol yes. if i dont ill end up sleeping until 9am or more hahahaha

I wake up around 7 most days anyway. But I’m seeing our bedtime and wake up time slowly move later and later as this continues. Used to be in bed by 10 most days. Now around 11.

38 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I wake up around 7 most days anyway. But I’m seeing our bedtime and wake up time slowly move later and later as this continues. Used to be in bed by 10 most days. Now around 11.

usual routine was 10-11 bedtime, 5am wake up time. i'm now staying up until closer to midnight most nights and alarm set for 7. we've become lazy lol

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

This reminds me of where I grew up in NW Ohio. 

Where did you grow up?  I grew up just North of Dayton.  A little town of about 5000 people a couple miles from where Ohio really flattens out all the way to the border with MI.  Can relate to your optic about that picture looking like NW Ohio.  As outlined in the picture, it is really flat up that way.  

On 4/13/2020 at 10:12 AM, mappy said:

^^ that post goes for everyone. Its a thin line to walk between what is covid talk and what gets into the political weeds. complaining about it in a banter thread does no good what so ever. you need to report posts so we moderators see specifically the issues.

this goes for any thread, at any time. i'm not about to hunt down posts that people bitch about in another thread

LOL. You hunted down my posts in less than 30 seconds. 

Just now, ravensrule said:

I never called you North Korea. I said this place is run like North Korea. I don't need threats from you. I was having a friendly discussion. 

this isn't North Korea, nor am I running the place like North Korea. Get over it.

1 minute ago, ravensrule said:

I never called you North Korea. I said this place is run like North Korea. I don't need threats from you. I was having a friendly discussion. 

How is it friendly to call the place a oppressive communist regime?  you are free to leave unlike the actual NK

• H2O unpinned this topic