Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2020

George BM

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Got home from work and got a shower then I told my 17 yr old daughter...its time for you to cut my hair :lmao:. She said...I don't know what I'm doing . I said...just cut it dam* it. I did my bangs because I thought she would stab my eyeball lol. After she finished she said she's a professional now and will cut her sister's next . Best part was ...it was freeeeeee.

I don’t know why but when you say bangs, I’m totally picturing you looking like this 

6F49931A-C434-4ED1-BB86-0A3157E76A75.jpeg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, supernovasky said:

One day. I moved here and absolutely killed this area's snowfall. I truly believe I am a curse lol. Thanks for all the other stuff though - it's been a long long road and I've been basically disowned by my family, but I'm self sufficient and have a great job and a wonderful kid and life has been great.

A bit late responding here, but nahhh, you didn't kill this area's snowfall!  We just plain suck, hahaha!  But seriously, stick around long enough and we'll get something memorable, even if it's one discrete storm in one winter.  Wish you could have been here in 2009-10 or 2013-14, you would have had a blast!  When even @Bob Chill is saying he was exhausted from tracking after 2013-14 (through late March!), you know we got a lot of events!

And I'm so sorry to hear your family has disowned you, that is awful!  I can only imagine what that must be like for you.  But I'm glad to hear you have been able to "move on" to whatever extent possible and keep your life going...and that you're looking at things that are brighter in your world!  That's about all we can do, right?!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, supernovasky said:

One day. I moved here and absolutely killed this area's snowfall. I truly believe I am a curse lol. Thanks for all the other stuff though - it's been a long long road and I've been basically disowned by my family, but I'm self sufficient and have a great job and a wonderful kid and life has been great.

Sorry to hear that about your family! Cherish the time with your kiddo. Lifes so short and you never know how long you have.

My Sister lost her battle with Luekemia 2 weeks ago. 38 years old and left behind an 8 year old and 3 year old. 

Definitely made me look at life a little differently and not sweat the small stuff anymore.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Sorry to hear that about your family! Cherish the time with your kiddo. Lifes so short and you never know how long you have.

My Sister lost her battle with Luekemia 2 weeks ago. 38 years old and left behind an 8 year old and 3 year old. 

Definitely made me look at life a little differently and not sweat the small stuff anymore.  

That’s so rough and sad :( sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

It’s actually cool enough to night justify a fire, and when there’s a fire I’m in the mood for whiskey. Ohhhh yes.

I have avoided drinking this entire pandemic (not purposefully, just haven't seen a need to risk anything going out to a liquor store), but my could I use some mead right now.

5 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I have avoided drinking this entire pandemic (not purposefully, just haven't seen a need to risk anything going out to a liquor store), but my could I use some mead right now.

Wow that’s impressive.  I’ve gone out to the liquor store with gloves/mask and just make sure it’s not busy before I walk in. 

33 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Sorry for your loss

• Thanks 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t drink that much, but every now and again a beer to unwind at the end of the day does the trick. I actually prefer to drink alone lol. 

Me too. Low lights, chill music, extra pour of whiskey. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I honestly don't drink that much at all anymore. It kind of feels pointless drinking alone lol.

Mines gone up with this. Weekends are my jam. But I’ve gone to sipping drinks over anything. Just get a good light buzz going and find a quiet spot

There are few monumental moments in a persons life and one of them is graduating high school and getting to have that moment and celebration. My son is a senior and can’t have one as of now and it breaks my heart. And on top of that being able to plan for life after HS is on hold. 

Having to have a heartfelt talk to boost a kid’s morale because they can’t see where their life of headed due to this and other stuff wasn’t what I planned on doing tonight. But I did. And I need a drink but have to work tomorrow. Another day, another challenge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

There are few monumental moments in a persons life and one of them is graduating high school and getting to have that moment and celebration. My son is a senior and can’t have one as of now and it breaks my heart. And on top of that being able to plan for life after HS is on hold. 

Having to have a heartfelt talk to boost a kid’s morale because they can’t see where their life of headed due to this and other stuff wasn’t what I planned on doing tonight. But I did. And I need a drink but have to work tomorrow. Another day, another challenge

That really sucks.  Yeah, colleges are going to have to start thinking about the fall.  Will kids be showing up moving it o dorms as usual?  I’m also working tomorrow but one drink won’t affect that...

15 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thats really unfortunate for your son.  Hopefully theres a way they can do something by the beginning of June from a graduation/celebration standpoint.

26 minutes ago, H2O said:

I think they are gonna do something for the Seniors.. I think thats something we owe to them.. even if it is a reunion like ceremony next summer after freshman year.

26 minutes ago, H2O said:

That sucks. We’ve been thinking about HS seniors. Missing so many big life events. Good luck to him.

52 minutes ago, H2O said:

Ugh. Thinking about that is rough... A lot of "rites of passage" graduating high school and those last get togethers with friends, relationships, goodbyes, and then off to college.

Had a slight dilemma. Am making pulled pork and the recipe I use needs a lager beer. None in the house. Told my husband and he said sacrifices will have to be made and he will go out and get some. Was able to DM one of our local liquor stores on Instagram and place an order for curb side pick up. Awesome service and will use it again. Happy to report the shoulder/butt is in the oven. Cooking low and slow. And as he got a 12 pack he can enjoy one with the pulled pork sandwiches tonight. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mrs.J said:

Had a slight dilemma. Am making pulled pork and the recipe I use needs a lager beer. None in the house. Told my husband and he said sacrifices will have to be made and he will go out and get some. Was able to DM one of our local liquor stores on Instagram and place an order for curb side pick up. Awesome service and will use it again. Happy to report the shoulder/butt is in the oven. Cooking low and slow. And as he got a 12 pack he can enjoy one with the pulled pork sandwiches tonight. 

The only way!

A piled high pulled pork sandwich...yum.

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic