Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

No hahahaha I really have actually thought about how to say it here but like... making a thread in a weather forum about my gender transition seemed a little strange and so I just changed my pronouns on my profile.

hahaha probably a good call there. glad youre happy and its working out. :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Some of y'all met me when I looked like I did on the left, I am now the person on the right. There lol now when we meet up again at some point it won't shock y'all as much.

GdAMTfX.png

Its so funny because this all happened because I replied to Mappy with a <3 in the Covid thread, she then realized I wasn't a guy, then a bunch of people got really confused who had met me before.

I should have made some sort of an announcement here but anyways. There. Trans weather nerd data extraordinaire at your service. 

You look way better in a dress then me! You look fantastic!!

My oldest daughter has a very diverse group of friends at school. While she is straight she loves to support her gay and trans friends. One of her friends is currently starting their transition. She and her other friends are there to support them. Her friends taught me. She is part of the Rainbow Alliance club at school. They have dubbed her the Honorary Gay. And yes I had to learn how to correctly use the they them pronouns. Minus the current situation they are over a lot and my husband and I want to make them feel comfortable in our home. It has become a safe space for all of them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mrs.J said:

You look way better in a dress then me! You look fantastic!!

My oldest daughter has a very diverse group of friends at school. While she is straight she loves to support her gay and trans friends. One of her friends is currently starting their transition. She and her other friends are there to support them. Her friends taught me. She is part of the Rainbow Alliance club at school. They have dubbed her the Honorary Gay. And yes I had to learn how to correctly use the they them pronouns. Minus the current situation they are over a lot and my husband and I want to make them feel comfortable in our home. It has become a safe space for all of them. 

That's lovely. I first realized when I was 8, and then 12, in Southern Louisiana. Suffice to say, it's a lot easier on kids these days here in Maryland than it was in Louisiana in 1998-2002. Thanks for being such wonderful parents. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Hahaha it's quite off topic but I've changed a bit since many in this forum last saw me a couple years ago at PSU's house for the gathering. :lol: I transitioned a year ago. 

Edit: Oh wait we're in banter. Yeah that's fine lolol.

Duh! Of course! This totally explains how you forget your house keys at PSU’s house and had to drive back to get them. ;) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, supernovasky said:

That's lovely. I first realized when I was 8, and then 12, in Southern Louisiana. Suffice to say, it's a lot easier on kids these days here in Maryland than it was in Louisiana in 1998-2002. Thanks for being such wonderful parents. 

Very cool, and thanks for sharing that information.  And (trite as this may sound), I'm glad that you're now happy with who you are and who *you* want to be.  In the end, that's really all that should matter.  You're right, it's a lot easier now than it was in Louisiana (or anywhere for that matter) some 20+ years ago.  But like many things, it sure was a long, hard road to get this country to change its attitudes even a little bit (and it still seems people have to fight the same battles time and time again).

(ETA:  Hopefully we can still get a good HECS-level snow event for you while you're in the area!!)

• Like 2

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Part of me wants a get together so I can arrive as the reaper.

Haha, you absolutely should do that!!  At the same time, you can hand out flyers advertising your new, snazzy suites for those interested the next winter.  C'mon man...think of the marketing opportunities, and in-person too!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Very cool, and thanks for sharing that information.  And (trite as this may sound), I'm glad that you're now happy with who you are and who *you* want to be.  In the end, that's really all that should matter.  You're right, it's a lot easier now than it was in Louisiana (or anywhere for that matter) some 20+ years ago.  But like many things, it sure was a long, hard road to get this country to change its attitudes even a little bit (and it still seems people have to fight the same battles time and time again).

(ETA:  Hopefully we can still get a good HECS-level snow event for you while you're in the area!!)

One day. I moved here and absolutely killed this area's snowfall. I truly believe I am a curse lol. Thanks for all the other stuff though - it's been a long long road and I've been basically disowned by my family, but I'm self sufficient and have a great job and a wonderful kid and life has been great.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Did another beer swap with a friend..if you’re into various sour beers that are heavily fruit forward, RAR in Cambridge is your brewery! Dole whipped (pineapple, think the dole whip at Disney) and Double Key Lime Pie!

D38014A4-9D7A-4370-8ACC-E6A6C2C4EE6A.jpeg

Not a big Sour fan, but the Key Lime Pie is intriguing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Not a big Sour fan, but the Key Lime Pie is intriguing.

Yeah I’m a malt forward guy first (stouts, porters, brown ales). But I like to occasionally drink sours especially intriguing ones, and RaR puts out a ton of different crazy flavors 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah I’m a malt forward guy first (stouts, porters, brown ales). But I like to occasionally drink sours especially intriguing ones, and RaR puts out a ton of different crazy flavors 

I'm a big fan of RAR. I probably should try a sour from them.

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Have you tried their 10 layer stouts?

Yes. Very good dessert stout. Lots of complexity, but it all works. Not had the ones with peanut butter or mint. Southern Tier used to brew a decent mint one.

I am more into the big ass imperials, but I try about anything when it comes to stouts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yes. Very good dessert stout. Lots of complexity, but it all works. Not had the ones with peanut butter or mint. Southern Tier used to brew a decent mint one.

I am more into the big ass imperials, but I try about anything when it comes to stouts.

Same here. The Growler fill I got that is Dewey beer marshmallow is 9.4% so should be considered imperial. The best brew I think I’ve ever had is Founders Lizard of Koz...Goose Island made one like it too called Bourbon county northwoods stout. Tasted like a blueberry chocolate imperial stout. I haven’t been able to find it in a couple years though 

6 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Same here. The Growler fill I got that is Dewey beer marshmallow is 9.4% so should be considered imperial. The best brew I think I’ve ever had is Founders Lizard of Koz...Goose Island made one like it too called Bourbon county northwoods stout. Tasted like a blueberry chocolate imperial stout. I haven’t been able to find it in a couple years though 

Yeah the Goose Island stouts are good. My go to ones are DFH WWS, TenFidy, KBS, and some others. I need to find some place locally that sells Ralphius from Free Will Brewing. Picked that up when I was in PA during the winter and it is simply outstanding if you like the high gravity stuff. Its about the same as WWS, around 17%.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah the Goose Island stouts are good. My go to ones are DFH WWS, TenFidy, KBS, and some others. I need to find some place locally that sells Ralphius from Free Will Brewing. Picked that up when I was in PA during the winter and is is simply outstanding if you like the high gravity stuff. Its about the same as WWS, around 17%.

Yeah ive has the world wide stout. I’ve also had DFH higher math. Technically considered an ale I guess but it’s chocolate cherry. A bit sweet but boozy and good too 

• H2O unpinned this topic