• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard
George BM

April Banter 2020

With winter being over, we have folks hugging corona model runs/updates each day to get their fix in. Guess they figured they can’t predict the snow, so may as well try to predict death rates and when it’s ok for folks to go outside. 

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

I caved...drinking my 1st meal (coffee, bacon, maple syrup and vanilla) from RAR 

1909B485-EAA2-4F65-92D6-518F74449C02.jpeg

I need to find that one, which shouldn't be too hard around here lol.

• Like 2

I need to make a run to an eastern shore liquor store to get some beers not available over here on the wrong side of the world.  Maybe we can get a nice day this week and my girl and I can bike the Blackwater loop and pick up a few cases.

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I need to find that one, which shouldn't be too hard around here lol.

It’s definitely at the RAR brewery lol

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Never had an Icelandic beer before...interesting 

How is it?

I have had vodka from there and it was good.

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Never had an Icelandic beer before...interesting 

559A7E27-DED2-43CB-A8F3-1C58563FDE2B.jpeg

Lighthouse liquors is awesome.  Did you get that at Lighthouse?  I mean the beer, not the glass.  

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

How is it?

I have had vodka from there and it was good.

It’s interesting. It tastes fresh if that makes sense lol it’s brewed with Icelandic water 

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

I caved...drinking my 1st meal (coffee, bacon, maple syrup and vanilla) from RAR 

1909B485-EAA2-4F65-92D6-518F74449C02.jpeg

This sounds delicious but also worry may be too sweet for me. Does it get too much after few sips in?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Lighthouse liquors is awesome.  Did you get that at Lighthouse?  I mean the beer, not the glass.  

No I got the beers I’m drinking today from a friend, we’re doing mailbox beer swaps during the epidemic lol. He gets some off the wall shit lol

Just now, Rvarookie said:

This sounds delicious but also worry may be too sweet for me. Does it get but much after few sips in?

It was pretty well balanced for me but I do like some of my beers a little sweet. The coffee is present but not overwhelming. The imperial stout flavors take over from there 

• Thanks 1

It’s interesting. It tastes fresh if that makes sense lol it’s brewed with Icelandic water 

Same with the vodka. Glacial water.

Is it hoppy?

It was pretty well balanced for me but I do like some of my beers a little sweet. The coffee is present but not overwhelming. The imperial stout flavors take over from there 

Just my opinion, but coffee flavor in beer should be subtle.  It's such a dominant flavor that a little goes a long way.

• Like 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Same with the vodka. Glacial water.

Is it hoppy?

A bit but it’s not overwhelming. I’m not an IPA fan so I was skeptical that I would like this. I don’t love it, because it’s not in my wheelhouse of beers, but I can drink it and it’s alright 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Just my opinion, but coffee flavor in beer should be subtle.  It's such a dominant flavor that a little goes a long way.

Yeah I agree. Key brewing made a beer recently with royal farms, cold rolled breakfasts stout. It’s just way too overpowering with the coffee, not sweet enough or other flavors, just a coffee bomb

Rounding out the night with bit of a macro basic but it’s an ok winter beer. Killing my stock of so so beers so I can refill with beers that are in my wheelhouse. if anyone wants to do a mailbox beer swap, I’m down! (Relatively close to Baltimore)

515DC519-E6B6-4282-9121-A4B3F7FC4E4B.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This ESPN documentary on the Bulls is absolutely fantastic.

I know it’s cable and they have warnings but the frequency of f-bombs is whoa.  This is just after years of bleeping and errant microphones that they then apologize for.  I guess MJ and others saying it is ok. Lol

59 minutes ago, H2O said:

I know it’s cable and they have warnings but the frequency of f-bombs is whoa.  This is just after years of bleeping and errant microphones that they then apologize for.  I guess MJ and others saying it is ok. Lol

Watch espn news they are showing the clean version ya candy ass

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Watch espn news they are showing the clean version ya candy ass

Its ok.  I have the V-chip

Watched my resident deer herd roll back thru this morning, grazing on the greens on the forest floor and low trees as they passed. Seven this morning, last night just before dark watched nine do the same heading back up the hill.

• Like 2

On vacation this week. Right now I WAS supposed to be in the air heading to Vegas to meet son and then pick up the rental car and head for Death Valley, Joshua Tree and Sequoia NP's for 10 days...... oh well, maybe next year. A staycation it has became and I'll work on the yard and house.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, yoda said:

At least I get to watch Crosby lift the cup 3 times

Posts like this are why you're on the trading block.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3