Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

@nj2va @nw baltimore wx  @Scraff

I miss hockey! 

Would of been wrapping up round 1 and heading into our annual round 2 meeting against the dreadful pens lol, @yoda

I told a buddy last week that the nhl should have packed all the players and gone to northern Canada to find a few decent ponds and played out the season there. Can you imagine?!?

• Like 1

We ordered a frisbee game called KanJam. Fun game, aim for a bucket with a slot in it. 2 points hitting, 3 points in from top,, win the game if you get it in the hole. Kid loves it. Frisbee golf too has become our thing around the yard during "recess" 

We ordered a frisbee game called KanJam. Fun game, aim for a bucket with a slot in it. 2 points hitting, 3 points in from top,, win the game if you get it in the hole. Kid loves it. Frisbee golf too has become our thing around the yard during "recess" 

KanJam is so fun. If you have the yard space, Spikeball is great too, though that game is ideally played on the beach. Now I’m upset that I’m missing my Beach Week... sigh

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

KanJam is so fun. If you have the yard space, Spikeball is great too, though that game is ideally played on the beach. Now I’m upset that I’m missing my Beach Week... sigh

I’ll check it out! We’ve got a decent backyard space

8 hours ago, Chris78 said:

I miss hockey! 

Would of been wrapping up round 1 and heading into our annual round 2 meeting against the dreadful pens lol, @yoda

I REALLY hope they can at a minimum play out the playoffs. I miss it sooooo much. All this quarantine beer I’ve been drinking would taste so much better while watching Caps playoff hockey. :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Started building a outdoor pitcher's mound this evening. But HH put it on hold   :drunk:

PhotoPictureResizer_200417_205507879_crop_600x800.jpg

Is that a Buick GNX there on the lift?  If so, that 3.8L turbo was one of the best sleepers ever.  One of my best childhood friends went to school at GMI (when it was still a great engineering school).  He had one of the first GNX's way back in the 80's.  He worked on the Gen-1 ABS control algorithm in the Corvette.  That car was a beast.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

beer.thumb.jpg.4955d842b4f3a499d545204f44143164.jpg

15 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

A nice way to get work done. 

image.png.f82eb21d5a0bf9f48bb85fd5cd9379ea.png

I stocked up with all the necessities by early March for a possibly 2+ month lock down. At least I thought I had all the necessities. Forgot one thing though.

Let's just say my adult beverage choices are Coor's lite or Natural lite that my Father-in-law had stashed in my garage fridge from several years ago. Do have a couple Guinness' but they are so flat that I had meant to toss them ages ago.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

I stocked up with all the necessities by early March for a possibly 2+ month lock down. At least I thought I had all the necessities. Forgot one thing though.

Let's just say my adult beverage choices are Coor's lite or Natural lite that my Father-in-law had stashed in my garage fridge from several years ago. Do have a couple Guinness' but they are so flat that I had meant to toss them ages ago.  

:yikes:

Put on your PPE and make a beer run!

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

No....not lucky enough to have a coveted GNX ...just a GN . I've shown some pics over the years of it here. I've had the car since 1994. I tuned and raced it for probably 15 years strait ultimately turning it into a 10 second 1/4 car. The cars were wayyyy ahead of there time no doubt about it . My dad also has a turbo Buick .

One of my best memories was the first spring I had it I got signed by a independent minor league baseball team as a pitcher and got to drive there.  All the the other players were like ...wow!..bad ass car!.....what a beast !....can I ride in it!! ....Good times no doubt :D

Never been a GM guy but I can say w/o a doubt that the Buick GN(X) body style was awesome. Same with some 70s vintage Corvettes

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Never been a GM guy but I can say w/o a doubt that the Buick GN(X) body style was awesome. Same with some 70s vintage Corvettes

55 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea....simple strait lines and sleek and no doubt a Darth Vader look with the bubble hood and spoiler.  ( you could buy the GN in any color of your choice as long as it was black , black,  or black lol)

I had SSP’s that looked like that when I was a kid. My brother always liked the the rocket shaped ones, but I went for the boxy muscle look. His always beat mine in a race, but his favorite one got crushed by a school bus when he tried to go under it as it passed by, so I guess I ultimately won.

i definitely had this one...

image.jpeg.1da8896c32bf3f66e80e53c2a825ff40.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

:yikes:

Put on your PPE and make a beer run!

Natty Light was our go to choice for college house parties. A keg of that would sauce the best seasoned drinker and it was cheep! That along with Harry Buffalo, went across state lines to get the Everclear for it. The grapes we soaked were fire bombs!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chris78 said:

I miss hockey! 

Me too! I just finished rewatching the 2018 SCF games vs the Knights. I hope NBCSW airs the full 2018 Pens series next so I can watch that too. 

• Like 2

• H2O unpinned this topic