Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2020

George BM

Just now, PhineasC said:

Has any QB ever managed to keep up the gimmicky style for more than 1 or 2 seasons? Vick, I guess? 

Mahomes passes from the pocket more now, as does Wilson. Who did I miss? But yeah, Lamar will buck the trend I'm sure.

You’re missing the point. He’s a better athlete than all of them to begin with, but lastly, the team is built around him. They didn’t do that with Vick. The Ravens have Ingram who is a great running supplement, Brown who is a fast freak and Andrews who could be almost Gronk like. Add another piece and it’s off the chain. Lamar doesn’t have to throw for 5,000 yards like some other QBs do. The mix up of the game is equivalent to a pitcher in baseball that can throw a 100mph fastball but also break off a curve at 79mph

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Has any QB ever managed to keep up the gimmicky style for more than 1 or 2 seasons? Vick, I guess? 

Mahomes passes from the pocket more now, as does Wilson. Who did I miss? But yeah, Lamar will buck the trend I'm sure.

Mahomes or Wilson were never the runner or athlete that Lamar is. They are both Better throwers then he is. No doubt about it. But Lamar is a better athlete and there’s no doubt about that. 

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Mahomes or Wilson were never the runner or athlete that Lamar is. They are both Better throwers then he is. No doubt about it. But Lamar is a better athlete and there’s no doubt about that. 

Long term league history says take the passer over the runner, but perhaps Lamar will buck the trend. One knee injury and he is done.

Just now, PhineasC said:

Long term league history says take the passer over the runner, but perhaps Lamar will buck the trend. One knee injury and he is done.

Most injuries to QBs occur in the pocket...so you’re already misinformed...you’re either racist, or don’t want to believe in the possibility of an athlete being a QB

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Most injuries to QBs occur in the pocket...so you’re already misinformed...you’re either racist, or don’t want to believe in the possibility of an athlete being a QB

LOL WTF?

So if you have doubts about Lamar's longevity at his current level of play you are a racist?

If he tears his MCL/ACL his career as an elite starter is literally over, dude...

Good lord. Mental illness has set in deeply on this forum.

Vick broke his leg in the pocket. I don't believe he ever had more than a ding from running.  Most ankle and knee injuries for runners are non contact. Happens with linemen in the trenches, and QBs in the pocket many more times than not. Concussions are a different story. I guess that might be the biggest concern with Lamar going forward if he continues to run as much as last season.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Vick broke his leg in the pocket. I don't believe he ever had more than a ding from running.  Most ankle and knee injuries for runners are non contact. Happens with linemen in the trenches, and QBs in the pocket many more times than not. Concussions are a different story. I guess that might be the biggest concern with Lamar going forward if he continues to run as much as last season.

Getting hit down low from the side during a run is literally what ended RGIII's career as a starter. Lamar should be working on his passing skills. But I'm just a racist if I believe his ACL could tear, I guess... LOL you guys here are something else for sure.

Just now, PhineasC said:

Getting hit down low from the side during a run is literally what ended RGIII's career as a starter. Lamar should be working on his passing skills. But I'm just a racist if I believe his ACL could tear, I guess... LOL you guys here are something else for sure.

LOL "you guys".

One wonders why you even bother. You get so easily triggered and then your condescending prick self quickly reveals itself.

Lamar threw for 36 TDs with 6 picks last season, and he did it with almost no help at WR. Even so, pretty sure he is working hard to further improve as a passer. Odd you seem to question that to be the case.

• Like 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

LOL "you guys".

One wonders why you even bother. You get so easily triggered and then your condescending prick self quickly reveals itself.

Lamar threw for 36 TDs with 6 picks last season, and he did it with almost no help at WR. Even so, pretty sure he is working hard to further improve as a passer. Odd you seem to question that to be the case.

Is it against the board rules to question the QB of the Baltimore Ravens now? Towards the end of the season, we saw defenses begin to figure him out. Predicting a letdown campaign seems pretty reasonable. 

43 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

How many passing TDs did lamar have last year?

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Is it against the board rules to question the QB of the Baltimore Ravens now? Towards the end of the season, we saw defenses begin to figure him out. Predicting a letdown campaign seems pretty reasonable. 

LOL

Typical you.

The Ravens, and Lamar, will make adjustments, especially after that debacle against the Titans. We shall see how it works out, maybe. It wasn't simply the QB that was "figured out", but you are smart enough to know this. 

• Like 1

Just now, 40westwx said:

How many passing TDs did lamar have last year?

He had a lot, and I am not questioning his insane athletic ability. I am questioning his longevity at that level. He will need to learn to adapt to survive in the NFL, IMO. That adaptation basically always involves becoming more of a passer than a runner. I expect this coming season to be a bit rough because he lacks some natural passing talents right now (such as a consistent deep ball). This shouldn't be a controversial idea. 

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

LOL

Typical you.

The Ravens, and Lamar, will make adjustments, especially after that debacle against the Titans. We shall see how it works out, maybe. It wasn't simply the QB that was "figured out", but you are smart enough to know this. 

Yeah, and Mahomes, Wilson, Kap, and RGIII are still running most of the time to this day! Great post!

Just now, PhineasC said:

He had a lot, and I am not questioning his insane athletic ability. I am questioning his longevity at that level. He will need to learn to adapt to survive in the NFL, IMO. That adaptation basically always involves becoming more of a passer than a runner. I expect this coming season to be a bit rough because he lacks some natural passing talents right now (such as a consistent deep ball). This shouldn't be a controversial idea. 

I don’t disagree. As a Redskin’s fan... 

...RG 3

But, I think Lamar has a lot of potential as a pocket passer with the ability to scramble.

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I don’t disagree. As a Redskin’s fan... 

...RG 3

But, I think Lamar has a lot of potential as a pocket passer with the ability to scramble.

Watching Germany vs France in handball from 2019.  I am fairly certain that any NBA basketball team could beat either of these teams with little to no practice.  

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, and Mahomes, Wilson, Kap, and RGIII are still running most of the time to this day! Great post!

Da fucck are you on about? Mahomes is a pocket passer who moves around to buy time and throw downfield. Russel Wilson doesn't make big plays running?  The other 2 don't even play on Sundays.

You get so triggered you lose the ability to comprehend. Great post!

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Da fucck are you on about? Mahomes is a pocket passer who moves around to buy time and throw downfield. Russel Wilson doesn't make big plays running?  The other 2 don't even play on Sundays.

You get so triggered you lose the ability to comprehend. Great post!

They all either adjusted to passing much more or were bounced out of starting roles. That's my point. You agree, but you need to keep fighting to maintain appearances. I get it, and I don't hold it against you, man.

Just now, PhineasC said:

They all either adjusted to passing much more or were bounced out of starting roles. That's my point. You agree, but you need to keep fighting to maintain appearances. I get it, and I don't hold it against you, man.

You need to watch more football if you think Mahomes has ever looked to run, other than as a last resort. And as I said, Lamar is/will be working to further improve his passing skills, despite the 36 TDs. Somehow you missed that. In order for him to be able to run less and pass more going forward, they need a few more pieces around him, which I also said- namely a big time WR to compliment Brown. They were way too TE heavy last season, and the late season injury to Andrews hurt in the Titans game. I think they will also target a potential impact RB in the draft, as Ingram has had injury issues and is "old" for a RB.

• Like 1

Before all this I thought Phineas was a solid poster...so much for that. The last 3 months has shown us a lot. He’s still living in 2018 Lamar land. You dont throw 36 TDs by accident. Lamar has a great read for the game. He can absolutely improve and needs to. His agility is his best asset as a runner, he doesn’t take big hits. 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Before all this I thought Phineas was a solid poster...so much for that. The last 3 months has shown us a lot. He’s still living in 2018 Lamar land. You dont throw 36 TDs by accident. Lamar has a great read for the game. He can absolutely improve and needs to. His agility is his best asset as a runner, he doesn’t take big hits. 

This.

Coming from a redskins fan Lamar is a much better passer than what rg3 ever was. The first year for rg3  it was all smoke and mirrors with the perfectly designed offense from the shannahans. Once the fame went to his head it was downhill,from there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

He fancies himself as some sort of an intellectual- an arrogant know it all, and he comes here to "own" people. Problem is he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does, as everyone who has been paying attention here can attest to. When he is called out, he gets triggered, becomes a condescending ass, might hurl an insult or two, and eventually he disappears.

16 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I think this post says WAY more about you than me... learn to get a grip when someone simply questions an athlete, dude.

• H2O unpinned this topic