Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2020

George BM

38 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Drinking a Hazy IPA and watching Train to Busan.

Whats better than watching a zombie movie during our apocalyptic pandemic?

Ha!  Well, I watched the original "Alien" movie a couple of weeks back...great film and still a pretty damned scary idea!  It's been years since I last saw it.  But now, I've got the complete James Bond series on Bluray that I've started watching in the past week (was given that for my birthday the other week).  I'm still amazed at how good the "original" ones were, through the 80s (including Sean Connery, Roger Moore, and yes, even the one with George Lazenby).  I know, there's argument over who the best Bond is/was!  Oh, and anyone remember the old "Dark Shadows" series from the '60s-70s?  Someone gave us the complete set on disk (some 1200 episodes!) a few years ago, and have slowly been working through that when the mood strikes.  Fun stuff (if campy!)...and it's easy to binge watch several half-hour episodes in an evening!!  Still quite a ways from the end of the series though (and this is over the past 2+ years of occasional viewing)!

2 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Ha!  Well, I watched the original "Alien" movie a couple of weeks back...great film and still a pretty damned scary idea!  It's been years since I last saw it.  But now, I've got the complete James Bond series on Bluray that I've started watching in the past week (was given that for my birthday the other week).  I'm still amazed at how good the "original" ones were, through the 80s (including Sean Connery, Roger Moore, and yes, even the one with George Lazenby).  I know, there's argument over who the best Bond is/was!  Oh, and anyone remember the old "Dark Shadows" series from the '60s-70s?  Someone gave us the complete set on disk (some 1200 episodes!) a few years ago, and have slowly been working through that when the mood strikes.  Fun stuff (if campy!)...and it's easy to binge watch several half-hour episodes in an evening!!  Still quite a ways from the end of the series though (and this is over the past 2+ years of occasional viewing)!

LOL I do remember that. Me and my bother watched that in reruns when we were kids. Only "soap opera" worth watching!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

LOL I do remember that. Me and my bother watched that in reruns when we were kids. Only "soap opera" worth watching!

LOL!  I sort of heard of it growing up but never really knew much about or saw it until recently!  It's funny that it is considered a "soap opera", I guess because the episodes were on in the mid afternoon back when it was originally televised.  Sort of a horror/cult soap opera, I guess!  It's funny to see some of the occasional "errors" that occurred during filming, of course it was really low budget for that kind of thing.  You'd occasionally hear some background noise, something dropping on the ground, or see the shadow of a microphone that you weren't supposed to see...heck, I've even seen a fly or other insect appear and one of the actors had to wave it away right there on set and while filming!  The over-dramatic music is kinda funny too.  Have to say, Barnabas Collins and Quentin Collins were awesome characters (Quentin's snarky character is amusing)!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I may be working until 8pm but I think it’s time to start drinking now

I thought I'd enjoy working from home but I hate it -- Zoom meetings all day long....stuck in front of a computer all day.  70+ hours last week and approaching 65 this week.  I never thought I'd say this but I can't wait to go back into the office...

55 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I thought I'd enjoy working from home but I hate it -- Zoom meetings all day long....stuck in front of a computer all day.  70+ hours last week and approaching 65 this week.  I never thought I'd say this but I can't wait to go back into the office...

I think I’m basically as productive as I am at work, but my day is just spread outttttttt...

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Dinner tonight Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas with Mexican Rice. And one of my husbands kick ass Margaritas! 

One of our local liquor stores if you DM them on Instagram with your list they will get it ready and meet you at the curb. Now that is service!

57C48669-A54D-40EC-B849-97C3BB86CCA6.jpeg

4259B9FB-47E5-42EE-AF4E-15038972C71A.jpeg

Ahhh, Ms. J!  You always have some damn fine culinary creations I have to say!  That looks very tasty, thank you for sharing even if virtually!  That margarita...I have no words (but I do have a sudden...thirst, hahaha!)!!

Funny, but the baking aisle has been mostly empty for the past couple of weeks.  Can't find yeast, sugar, or flour really.  My daughter has been asking me to find yeast (she likes to bake!), but alas, I come home empty handed any time I've checked.  She made me my birthday cake this year (chocolate, of course...with a penuche icing...very tasty!).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Ahhh, Ms. J!  You always have some damn fine culinary creations I have to say!  That looks very tasty, thank you for sharing even if virtually!  That margarita...I have no words (but I do have a sudden...thirst, hahaha!)!!

Funny, but the baking aisle has been mostly empty for the past couple of weeks.  Can't find yeast, sugar, or flour really.  My daughter has been asking me to find yeast (she likes to bake!), but alas, I come home empty handed any time I've checked.  She made me my birthday cake this year (chocolate, of course...with a penuche icing...very tasty!).

Glad I can add a bit of brightness to your day. I really enjoy cooking/baking. I like to show my girls that you can find the time to cook/bake and that your meals do not have to be complicated to be fresh, healthy and quick. And needed the drink so made the husband look at the budget and squeeze in a liquor run. He got a large bottle of his favorite tequila and gin as stuff was on sale. 

As for the baking aisle, yes they have been like the TP aisle as of late. Flour was my latest hard find. As for yeast our local Co-op The Common Market has yeast in bulk in the refrigerated section. So I was able to pick up quite a bit and store it in the fridge here at home. I am also finding recipes that do not use flour. Oldest daughter is making triple citrus bars today that require a small amount of sugar and graham crackers or animal crackers crushed for the base. I can post it for you later if you would like to have it. You can just make it a single citrus flavor also. And I just have to say it has been way too long since I have had a chocolate cake with penuche icing! I love that combination! My mom used to make German Chocolate cake with penuche icing all the time. I may just have to make that next. 

34 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

If memory serves only 1 guy was left in charge of transporting the most valuable winning pieces lol. Mistake #1 :axe:. I remember from roughly 1989 to 93 I collected every piece.......except the winners:(

My friends and I were convinced they never printed any but reality was this Jacobson' guy sold them and  gave to his friends and family and the freakin mob bosses I think too

I never got into that. Think I collected a few the first year they had it but afterwords I just tossed them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

He really needs to take a break and get himself sorted.

Well, I may have accidentally banned him when I gave him a warning. Seems he had a couple already and after so many it’s instabanned. Randy said he fixed it..but maybe not. Either way, it’s being handled whenever randy gets to it. 

• H2O unpinned this topic