• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

Looks like the 12z NAM is cooling the 800 mb to SFC thermal profile in the last 18 hours of this retrograde event enough to offer 'chutes/paws for the Worcester Co and probably Middlesex ...west of I-95..    

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/gopher-local/albany/FOUS61

BOS
36013955313 -2208 120428 45040000    ... Those "00" are 0C at 800 and 900 mb from right to left... Cold rain at Logan, wet sn inland?
42013966315 -1210 160325 44030000   
48010944320 -1613 190320 44020197   
54002923624 -0912 200415 44029998

Does look like Sandy in an homage - 

Those individual members are 'perturbed' which just means they have variant physical equations ...but that means the convective processes are handled slight different, creating different system-internal thermal handling ... This was evidenced as warm secluded already, so it meandering over a tepid SST G-string out there ...it may be taking on 'faux' profiles due to version-based thermal surplus...  If/when it did take on 'real' ST characteristics probably requires analysis after the fact. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

looks like something we don't want

I'm getting sick of the cold wind blasted rain along the shore the past few weeks, Sunday and Monday felt like 24+ hours of 30mph sustained winds with cold rain... I definitely would of taken the snow with this one if I had a choice. Not like I'm doing anything outside anyways, beaches, golf courses, ski resorts all closed. Even Mount Washington is closing off access to tuckermans, gulf of slides etc to back country travelers. Coastal flooding would be much more of a concern though if this came in next week during astronomical high tide. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

You are surprisingly conservative on a system backing in from the east.  Those are usually gung-ho river east with goodies for all back to NY state, no?

It’s warm season now with dry air. This would produce more precip much farther west in a typical cold winter airmass with East inflow. This time of year , dry air just chews it up. Sunny windy day today 

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s warm season now with dry air. This would produce more precip much farther west in a typical cold winter airmass with East inflow. This time of year , dry air just chews it up. Sunny windy day today 

I'm fairly certain the laws of thermodynamics would disagree about the warm season being drier, but the response seems iron clad, ha. Love it.

• Haha 1