Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Thanks for the offer but I have plenty. If you're going to be felling stuff yourself do it soon. What's standing is starting to get sketchy.

Unfortunately due to my disability that will need to be done by professionals.  Back in the day I would be chain sawing like a mofo. I lumbered for my brother in law for 3 seasons as a teen, still have those muscles lol

20 minutes ago, kdxken said:

If they look sickly they are dead. Folks are going to be surprised at how many more gypsy moth dead trees they have when Leaf out comes.

We're removing two massive dead oaks in our yard this month.  Gypsies got 'em.  Costing a few grand to do it too with more trees to come down later.  

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I had a dream about Gypsy moth caterpillars last night. Seriously 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I believe it. I’ve had many over the years.

Those mutha****as have totally reeked havoc on my life and cost me thousands of dollars, ruined our shade. Little bastards lol

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

So far I have been spared here.  I still have nightmares from 1981 or thereabouts. 

I saw a RI drone view from last year and it was wow. Thousands of acres of dead oaks. Now I see evidence of ash borers and rotted trees attacked by fungus and ants. A hurricane will be devastating in SNE

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I saw a RI drone view from last year and it was wow. Thousands of acres of dead oaks. Now I see evidence of ash borers and rotted trees attacked by fungus and ants. A hurricane will be devastating in SNE

Amazing how many dead branches we've had come down this year and I'm pretty sure it was from the gypsy moths.  Waiting to see what the oaks are going to look like once the leaves come out.

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Been a nice month overall . Looks like 60’s much of next week. At least 60 ish. And then warm last 4-5 days of month. NW flow and quick moving systems means no onshore flow and decent overall. 
I mean the pattern doesn’t blow and hasnt. You want that.. see spring 2005. 

agree that there have been some nice days, however right now it is 43 degrees and snowing. i have seen snow 4x in the last 7 days. 

whatever pattern this is, yes it blows.