• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

Coronavirus

I'm getting the 2nd dose of Moderna tomorrow. 

Any advice since the 1st shot kicked my ass.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, KokomoWX said:

Last week I had a female friend who was healthy and just 35 years old pass away from Covid after a short one week battle.  She wore a mask, did the right things, kept a balance between being locked down and living life.  It really hits home.  While I find so much non-science driving lockdown and restrictions, I just don't get not wanting a vaccine.  

Sorry for your loss.  Curious though as to what her vitamin D levels were... along with was she doing any vitamin C, zinc, quercetin or melatonin supplementation?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, hardypalmguy said:

Sorry for your loss.  Curious though as to what her vitamin D levels were... along with was she doing any vitamin C, zinc, quercetin or melatonin supplementation?

I don't know those finer details.  

24 minutes ago, KokomoWX said:

I don't know those finer details.  

So sorry for your loss. But now I’m worried, did that person’s question imply a person should know what medications and vitamins and supplements their friends take? If so, I need to re-evaluate my life.

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

I'm getting the 2nd dose of Moderna tomorrow. 

Any advice since the 1st shot kicked my ass.

hydrate a lot beforehand.   get comfy and find some good movies to watch.  also be prepared for the chance that your symptoms are much milder because that can be the case, especially for people who've already had covid.

had absolutely no side effects from moderna 1 or 2

to be fair, my vitamin D, quercetin, resting heart rate, and thc levels are all athlete level so ymmv

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I guess I should consider myself extremely lucky, seeing all these side effects. I got the Pfizer and was tired for a few hours in the afternoon after my second shot, but that was after getting up early and driving two hours to get it, so it may not have even been the shot.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I guess I should consider myself extremely lucky, seeing all these side effects. I got the Pfizer and was tired for a few hours in the afternoon after my second shot, but that was after getting up early and driving two hours to get it, so it may not have even been the shot.

My wifes mom and aunt got extremely sick from Shot 2 Pfizer. 3 days of 102+ fever. So far nothing for her from shot 1. My side effects were not to bad as well. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

My wifes mom and aunt got extremely sick from Shot 2 Pfizer. 3 days of 102+ fever. So far nothing for her from shot 1. My side effects were not to bad as well. 

One of my coworkers had something like that, but I can’t remember which one she got.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

One of my coworkers had something like that, but I can’t remember which one she got.

probably just her low melatonin levels

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Snownado said:

I'm thinking about getting vaccinated but i'm so nervous about the side effects.

As opposed to getting the virus itself?

had absolutely no side effects from moderna 1 or 2

to be fair, my vitamin D, quercetin, resting heart rate, and thc levels are all athlete level so ymmv
There are studies going on about cannabinoids effect on the Coronavirus. I have some strong anecdotal evidence that says it helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pfizer/BioNTech seek full FDA approval for their Covid-19 vaccine

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/07/health/pfizer-biontech-fda-approval-bla-vaccine/index.html

Pfizer/BioNTech will submit that information to the FDA over the next few weeks on a rolling basis. Once all the required information is submitted, a goal date will be set for a decision by the FDA. Pfizer/BioNTech has requested priority review, which asks the FDA to take action within 6 months, compared to the 10 months designated under standard review.

Day 1 after the second Moderna shot

So far

I'm just experiencing  a sore arm

My mom is in bed with no taste , chills and body aches and a slight fever. Same side effects as the 1st shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Day 1 after the second Moderna shot

So far

I'm just experiencing  a sore arm

My mom is in bed with no taste , chills and body aches and a slight fever. Same side effects as the 1st shot.

The no taste thing is interesting.  I know you guys had covid... did she lose her taste then?

19 hours ago, Hoosier said:

The no taste thing is interesting.  I know you guys had covid... did she lose her taste then?

Yes

My mom and I feel alot better this morning compared to yesterday .

She was in bed all day with chills and a slight fever. I had aches and chills all day yesterday. 

Just a sore arm today

• Like 1

I went to IHME for the first time in a few weeks, and needless to say I was shocked when I saw them projecting 948,000 US covid deaths by September 1. 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

I noticed the number before I read the paragraph at the top.  Basically, they changed their methodology to not make a projection for reported covid deaths, but to include covid deaths that are unreported.  You can read about it here:

https://www.healthdata.org/special-analysis/estimation-excess-mortality-due-covid-19-and-scalars-reported-covid-19-deaths

They believe that there have been just over 900k covid deaths in the US to date. It's a stunning number that initially struck me as too high.  But contrary to some who have been arguing that covid deaths are inflated, it's quite likely that the opposite is true.  We just don't know by how much.  I'm sure more estimates will emerge as to how many people died from covid in this time period.  But whether it's 700k, 800k, 900k, it's all bad.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I went to IHME for the first time in a few weeks, and needless to say I was shocked when I saw them projecting 948,000 US covid deaths by September 1. 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

I noticed the number before I read the paragraph at the top.  Basically, they changed their methodology to not make a projection for reported covid deaths, but to include covid deaths that are unreported.  You can read about it here:

https://www.healthdata.org/special-analysis/estimation-excess-mortality-due-covid-19-and-scalars-reported-covid-19-deaths

They believe that there have been just over 900k covid deaths in the US to date. It's a stunning number that initially struck me as too high.  But contrary to some who have been arguing that covid deaths are inflated, it's quite likely that the opposite is true.  We just don't know by how much.  I'm sure more estimates will emerge as to how many people died from covid in this time period.  But whether it's 700k, 800k, 900k, it's all bad.

Really what I suspected all along. As I said earlier some/many states are under reporting 

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Thanks for posting that. An interesting read.  They are saying that as of now, the US death toll is 905,289 vs. the reported 574,043.

20 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Thanks for posting that. An interesting read.  They are saying that as of now, the US death toll is 905,289 vs. the reported 574,043.

The currently Excess Mortality number from the CDC is 690k. But due to time lagged data that doesn't account for ~40k in the past 7-8 weeks. The CDC excess mortality numbers don't factor in in ~25k flu related deaths that didn't occur last winter (CDC hasn't released their 2020-21 flu burden estimates yet though). IHME probably factored both of these things in assuming most net excess deaths were due to Covid itself as opposed to delayed care, etc.  the IHME numbers still looks a bit high maybe, and of course their estimate is subject to some revision.

Worldwide IHME estimates actual Covid deaths to be approximate double the official numbers, with Russia, India and Mexico responsible for a lot of the under counting.