Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

On 12/2/2020 at 11:00 AM, Indystorm said:

Saw an AP article today that said Mercy Hospital in Springfield MO is using a mobile morgue that had not been used since the Joplin tornado back in 2011.

Greene county (Springfield) reported 17 deaths today alone, population is around 300k for reference. I would guess one Mobile morgue may not be enough 

1 hour ago, Snownado said:

I never understood why people compare this to 9/11. Two totally different circumstances.

Because when 9/11 happened, we restructured the entire government. Now 9/11 is happening every day, and the government can't find its own ass with both hands a map

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

Ominous that we are at/near over 200k cases per day recently, because it has to be kept in mind that virtually nobody who got exposed on Thanksgiving would be in the numbers yet.  In a number of areas, can't really afford even a slight bump from Thanksgiving.  

Friday often puts up the biggest case numbers nationally.  Don't know if that will hold true tomorrow because of the atypical circumstance of coming off of the holiday, but we'll see.

Just over 485,000 people live in my county and there have been 484 covid deaths, so getting to the point that 1 out of every 1000 people living in this county has died from covid... whether they are young, old, healthy, unhealthy.  Obviously it would look even worse if you filtered by age or preexisting conditions.

• Sad 1

In hospital: 100,667 (+441)

Very muted hospital increase today. Probably a combination of things: Rate of increase in cases last week was lower. Some areas in upper Midwest have seen their numbers go down some. Am also guessing in some areas many patients that would previously have been hospitalized are not actually being admitted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

In hospital: 100,667 (+441)

Very muted hospital increase today. Probably a combination of things: Rate of increase in cases last week was lower. Some areas in upper Midwest have seen their numbers go down some. Am also guessing in some areas many patients that would previously have been hospitalized are not actually being admitted.

They are not admitting as many because the hospitals are overwhelmed 

11 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Has anyone been paying attention to Joe Bastardi's tweets. Really shocked at his stance on this pandemic being that he is from the scientific community 

Joe "Climate Change Isn't Real" Bastardi is a dope when it comes to COVID too? Say it ain't so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

I don't see the doom, sorry. Restrictions look done by April and private business is planning on ramping up services and production the 2nd quarter of the year. Fear mongering by economists is already wrong and 7 trillion dollars has been created both by government and private banking since April.

where you get your info is such a mystery

1 hour ago, WaryWarren said:

Joe "Climate Change Isn't Real" Bastardi is a dope when it comes to COVID too? Say it ain't so.

I honestly used to try and defend him on this board, but lately he has become absolutely ridiculous. He was good up to about 10 years ago, became terrible once he left accuweather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Read a story from my aunt.  One of her friends has a daughter who is in her 20s and has covid.  Healthy, no preexisting conditions, and she had a stroke.  Not definitively from covid but obviously have to strongly suspect that given the circumstances.

Or COVID showed a potentially life threatening issue while in her 20’s rather than her 40-50’s. COVID could of seriously save her life. As crappy as that sounds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chuckster2012 said:

People need to start sanitizing their shopping cart handles and gas pump handles. I live near a Walmart and go there about 3 times a week and I see no one sanitizing the cart handles even though sanitizer is sitting right there by the carts. They just walk in, grab a cart and enter the store. Stupid!

Haven't read much lately on risk of transmission from surfaces. Obviously we now know aerosol is primary transmission method. But risk is certainly greater now with more widespread transmission/cooler and drier air.

34 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Decent dip in the hospitalization numbers in IN.  How long that can keep up is questionable with cases seemingly rising again.

One thing I am watching is whether the plains/upper Midwest states which have seen the case, positivity & hospital numbers drop see that trend stop or reverse due to Thanksgiving. Will know that starting next week. Positive rate appears to be rising again in IN based on preliminary data. Outside of this area trends are just bad. PA had over 10k cases again today +150 hospitalized.

6 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

One thing I am watching is whether the plains/upper Midwest states which have seen the case, positivity & hospital numbers drop see that trend stop or reverse due to Thanksgiving. Will know that starting next week. Positive rate appears to be rising again in IN based on preliminary data. Outside of this area trends are just bad. PA had over 10k cases again today +150 hospitalized.

Yeah and now the NYC metro area is on the upswing along with LA, Texas, and Florida.  

Watching Arizona now too. 2900 in hospital (+100 today) vs 3400 July peak. But in July they less in hospital for non-Covid emergencies due to their demographics (seasonal elderly population). Also in the summer they were able to send patients to Colorado and New Mexico. Not really an option now.

Over 10k cases again in IL, but another good drop (-200) in total hospitalized. Following trends of adjacent states like MN/WI/IN as far as hospital numbers. Drops like this should keep the nationwide hospital number from going up as much (in addition to capacity issues limiting admissions in some places).