Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

11 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

FL lighting up again as expected with restrictions dropping. Over 10k cases today and over 100 deaths. NY is headed up as well. CA over 15k yesterday. As some states in the Midwest subside somewhat other states are surging again, and they’re the big population states. 

California and Texas are off the charts

4 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

The real economy is getting absolutely destroyed by this pandemic. If congress does not act soon we are going to have millions homeless in the middle of winter 

The $900B plan stands a good chance at passing IMO. Not what’s needed but hopefully enough to stave off doom for a few months. 

2 hours ago, CoachLB said:

Traced back as far as September 2019 for Italy.

I'm sure it was in the US in late 2019 as well.  I don't think the numbers were large though, because we would've seen a noticeable bump in excess deaths around that time. 

I saw a good comparison about starting off with a penny and then doubling the amount every day.  If you double it, you don't have a whole lot of money for a while, but then the amount really takes off.  Similar thing with the virus.  It is quite contagious, but it still takes a while to really get seeded in and start to do big damage.

44 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Not really. NYC is huge. I expect cases midmonth to begin dropping again before a final spike in early January.

43 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We’ve been fairly careful here-areas of increases but not crazy yet. We can definitely erupt at any time though if people become more lax. Restaurants/bars should close again here IMO. 

New York daily cases trend. I think this speaks for itself 

20201203_163841.jpg

31 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

I don't see the doom, sorry. Restrictions look done by April and private business is planning on ramping up services and production the 2nd quarter of the year. Fear mongering by economists is already wrong and 7 trillion dollars has been created both by government and private banking since April.

If that's even accurate (which I doubt), the reason is because the Federal government propped up the economy with $2.59 trillion as of September 1st. Without further bailout money being appropriated soon, you're going to audibly hear the flushing sound as the economy goes down the toilet.

EDIT: Oh, and here's the link to this factual data.

https://datalab.usaspending.gov/federal-covid-funding/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Yesterday was adjusted upward on worldometers to 206k cases and 2,875 deaths.

There were about 2,977 people killed in the 9/11 attacks.

I never understood why people compare this to 9/11. Two totally different circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

Just now, IWXwx said:

I give up. :axe::axe::axe:

He has all the answers, just like in weather threads. How dare anyone present actual evidence.

Fact is that right now the only thing stopping this economy from going straight off a cliff is feds funding and a moratorium on foreclosures. What he doesn't understand is when that moratorium comes up all these businesses will go under without help, no one can afford the rent because they don't own the property the business operates from. This is across the board and no one seems to want to do anything, if anything they are purposely letting these deadlines go knowing that the hands change in January in Washington. It is 100% a political ploy at the expense of the people. Support for the CARES act was over 70% in May, and the support for an extension in the summer was at least 70%, so who are these people in Washington representing, certainly not their constituents.

• Like 2

Just now, Angrysummons said:

My evidence is working in business. His evidence is a economist who mumbling a lot. 7 trillion dollars of money creation is going too make it easy for businesses to run up debt themselves, causing a boom in growth in the short run, which leads to faulty lending and over investment. That pushes up inflation and eventually commodities as liquidity seeps………..it takes time. You have to plan long term folks. One of these days, the world isn't going to bail out a US debt bubble and the currency will collapse. Pushing for trillions in more "stimulus" is just kicking the can up several years to currency collapse and permanent loss of income. The world has changed. We have 3 major power blocs and they all want reserve currency status. Especially(East) Asia, who will depeg in a moments notice. 

This is a lot of words to say nothing.

Planning long term, yeah because people saw a crippling pandemic coming. Man you should just stop while you are severely behind.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Snownado said:

I never understood why people compare this to 9/11. Two totally different circumstances.

Yes, but the commonality is lots of deaths in a day.  A counterpoint may be that it was mostly working age people who died on 9/11 and that it's mostly older people now.  I don't have the numbers in front of me but if we only look at deaths under 65, I'd bet that this has resulted in many tens of thousands of deaths.

• Like 1