• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

The only societies that have managed to curb this pandemic have been Asian. No Western nation has developed an effective response in the 9 months of grace we were given..

Now with winter coming and the case load again soaring, much as happened during the Spanish Flu, the Western politicians only idea is another lockdown, ruining yet wider swaths of the societies they are leading.

Did 75 years of following US leadership make all these countries stupid?

Guest ovweather
2 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Whatever happened to the task force?

I think they were are fired, except for Pence. He's still needed to wipe Trump's ass. Wait... now Atlas is there to help with that process since there's more shit than ever coming from the president.

I gotta take my hat off to Mississippi & North Carolina for getting their Rt below 1 at this time.

I love looking at that website that shows how this thing has trended, it's obvious the effect SIP had, and then the summer dip as mask wearing became extremely prevalent throughout. I cannot believe the number Michigan registered yesterday, over 6k cases! I know you have the cold weather working against you but good heavens these numbers are terrible.

• Weenie 4

12 minutes ago, chuckster2012 said:

Actually, another hospital in Jennings County told me the same thing about a month ago. Only about 20 miles away from Columbus though..

IWXwx and I have heard opposite stories (his sounded worse than mine though).  I guess it depends on where you are.  Region by region or even county by county can vary.

42 minutes ago, chuckster2012 said:

Actually, another hospital in Jennings County told me the same thing about a month ago. Only about 20 miles away from Columbus though..

These are irrelevant anecdotes, the numbers for the state and nearly every state are flying through the roof. Congrats on middle-of-nowhere county Indiana is doing well. That county probably has more cows than people.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Stebo said:

These are irrelevant anecdotes, the numbers for the state and nearly every state are flying through the roof. Congrats on middle-of-nowhere county Indiana is doing well. That county probably has more cows than people.

So the first place he referred to ranks in the top 25% of population by county in Indiana.  The other one (Jennings co.) is in the bottom half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frog Town said:

Ohio posted 4,200+ cases for a record.  The reality is these a from testing a week ago.  Also had record hospitalizations.  Not Good.   

People have to remember that these cases are from people getting exposed 10-14 days ago on average. 5-6 days for symptoms, 1-2 days to get the test, then 3-7 days on average to get it back (this number can vary based on type of test and setting (hospital vs test site, etc.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1