Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think we're at the point of no return. Just called a client with covid, 90% oxygen levels, but extremely fatigue and dizzy. Its starting to spread quickly even here in NYS. Infection rate above 5% in my county, which is still low but rising. I expect Cuomo to start putting more restrictions in place soon. 

The major spike started in the upper Midwest, and has now spread through most of the West, Plains & OH Valley. Northeast is steadily climbing now. The interior Southeast and CA are about the only areas relatively stable for now.

34 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Positivity is climbing 

Statewide hospitalizations are starting to approach 2000.  Sometimes it moves in a stairstep motion (whether that is real or due to reporting issues) but it should pass that mark in the next day or three.

Can add 4400 in Indiana. Also outside of this forum area but the numbers of the Dakotas are really bad when you consider their population. 

SD 1360 cases 22 deaths

ND 1536 cases 29 deaths (I wonder what % of cases are being caught 6.5% of ND has now tested positive)

4 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

This week is seeing a definite uptick in cases and now deaths

By the way, Holcomb seems content to leave any decisions up to county officials.  Obviously this is a change from how it was handled in spring when the decisions came down from the executive.  Not sure whether that approach can be sustained in the long run, because we have 92 counties and it could get awfully confusing if/when counties choose to impose restrictions.  

No Indiana COVID-19 Policy Changes Post-Election, Holcomb Says

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/no-indiana-covid-19-policy-changes-post-election-holcomb-says/2364513/

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Today we had just over 0.1% of the total population in my county test positive.  Does not sound like much but that is fairly significant for one day.  That would add up to 3%+ if that rate continued for 1 month, and we are probably still only catching ~1/3 of cases which would make actual infections close to 10% of the county population in one month.

I was once again in Wal Mart a few minutes ago, and once again counted 27 people without masks in 6 minutes, probably the same people who will scream the loudest when restrictions are reinstated.

Look people, it's simple: If you want to continue to go shopping and keep the economy going, wear a damn mask.

I need to stop shopping there. It will get me banned from here.

• Sad 2

This may have already been mentioned, but local health departments are being overwhelmed in attempting to conduct contact tracing. I'm speaking of rural counties in Northeast IN and Northwest OH.  Many have just about given up due to the shear numbers. That alone shows that it is beginning to spiral out of control.

• Sad 1