Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

3 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

In your opinion do you think future restrictions will be this intense? I’m flying into Detroit on Dec 20th thru the 6th for the Holidays.

I hope we don’t have Christmas actually cancelled

At the rate we're going, would not be surprised to see some areas with a stay at home.  Not that it would be enforced well, but just saying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cary67 said:

Having a vaccine by late spring for most of us could be a moot point. Especially if  5X times that are really infected each day.

We are being "vaccinated" right now and the side affects are many and deadly to many, unfortunately.  

We are at the point of no return. Lockdown is still necessary to lessen tho blow to hospitals. If the hospitals get overwhelmed not only will covid19 patients die unnecessarily but other emergency patients like stroke, heart attacks and others will die unnecessarily. If Americans have any compassion at all we need to do the right thing and lockdown. Either way though we are going to lose a lot of Americans 

• Haha 1

We wouldn't have to be talking shutdowns if people acted more carefully.  The thing is you need almost everybody doing it at all times.  I don't know how you're going to get the public to buy in to shutdowns/stay at home again, especially around the holidays.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

We wouldn't have to be talking shutdowns if people acted more carefully.  The thing is you need almost everybody doing it at all times.  I don't know how you're going to get the public to buy in to shutdowns/stay at home again, especially around the holidays.

I went to the Dunes today and while I was driving through Chesterton, I saw some kind of concert going on with absolutely no social distancing and limited mask wearing. Just blows my mind how people can be like this.

Was chatting on the phone with one of my friends today who didn’t work all last week. He got a sinus infection and because of the symptoms, couldn’t work until he had a test with results (came back negative).

This could be a real problem this winter, especially in the Midwest. You’re liable to get 2-3 sinus infections/colds a winter. In this current climate no way is anyone going to let you work with a runny nose and fever.

Could have massive amounts of call offs affect things around the Holidays

• Weenie 1

33 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Coming up on two weeks after Halloween this Saturday. Will likely see a spike

Numbers are already up 25k+ week on week......

Obviously the summer spike came to an abrupt plateau in the middle in July, With such a broad nationwide spike and no real mitigation yet don't know how this happens here very soon. Our current avg cases/per capita is about equal to the UK right now. (both countries are probably catching similar percent of causes as the 21-day time lagged CFR numbers are similar for both countries (1.7% for the U.S. and 2.0% for the UK) The difference is they have gone back into lockdown and have plateaued in cases. We are basically trying to do what Russia is trying to do right now which is avoid shutting things back down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1