• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Disco

CAPE

Very impressive deep dive on the PNA coming up along with the expected adjustment on the AO index. currently moving back up  in the extended after a rather feeble attempt at neutral. 

The long lasting AO positive trend shows no indication of reversing as does the very strong vortex.   

14 minutes ago, frd said:

Very impressive deep dive on the PNA coming up along with the expected adjustment on the AO index. currently moving back up  in the extended after a rather feeble attempt at neutral. 

The long lasting AO positive trend shows no indication of reversing as does the very strong vortex.   

AO is going to finally drop

ao.sprd2.gif

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, frd said:

Any hope of that factor changing left the building a while ago. At this point whatever minimal chances at snow remain hinge on getting a lucky wave track from short wavelength induces chaos. 

4 minutes ago, Dendrimer77 said:

@jonjon Going up to Davis for Blackwater sledding and hopefully some X-country skiing Sat-Mon.  What are the local mets up there expecting in terms of upslope snow totals?  

We're expecting a low end "meh" with possible upside to "hmmmmm"

In all seriousness, I haven't paid much attention.  The Fearless Weatherman expects 6-12" over the 4 day period.  See https://whitegrass.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/fearlessfeb26.txt

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

We're expecting a low end "meh" with possible upside to "hmmmmm"

In all seriousness, I haven't paid much attention.  The Fearless Weatherman expects 6-12" over the 4 day period.  See https://whitegrass.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/fearlessfeb26.txt

Thank you sir.  I saw that forecast; hopefully The Fearless Weatherman knows his stuff!

From Mt Holly AFD. Rinse and repeat...

By the start of next week synoptic pattern shifts to what has largely been the default pattern this winter... a western Atlantic ridge with upstream troughing over the Central US. This will result in a storm track north and west of the area which will favor warmer temperatures and primarily rain events. At this time details are a bit lacking, but a system does look to track over the Great Lakes Monday PM into Tuesday with a secondary system possibly on its heels on Wednesday. Temperatures will only be a couple degrees above normal Monday but should increase into the low to mid 60s by Wednesday as SW flow increases in association with the aforementioned storm systems.

Eventually this wretched pattern will mercifully end, and we will get into the usual warm/humid doldrums for the balance of Spring, before we finally transition to Hot and humid with little rain for the long, long, looooong Summer ahead. Don't y'all just love it here?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I'd be pretty shocked if our  area doesn't see anymore snow this season so ...to answer your question...yes I do expect it to snow :D . If it doesn't it would be historic up  here for such a long stretch without an inch ( Since Jan 8th) . Jan 19th was a 1/4" then ice storm . We moved up to CC in 88' . It would be a first to my knowledge. Actually going the month of February alone snowless here  i believe would be historic . The good thing is it will snow again . If not this season...then next . My weather tracking never stops so I'll keep on rolling rain/snow/ hail or whatever . 

A March  1958 , 1942, 1993, or 1962 redux is preferred however :weenie:

Was I-795 finished when you moved up Carroll County way?

• H2O unpinned this topic