Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 12-13 Snowstorm

Snowstorms

^
beyond the heavier snow i reported earlier which was brief you'd have to argue the bonus snows on the arctic front have been a bit of a let down to this point. 

I’d say things have been pretty much on point. That period with the front wasn’t going to be long lasting, more so just a squall like scenario.

9 hours ago, StormChaser4Life said:

How much snow you got now?

Damn you got about as much as here! 

I'd say around 2 1/2", didn't hit freezing until sometime between 3 and 4 this morning so a lot of compaction and melt still took place before the flash freeze. Airport recorded 2.4" at midnight doubt we made much gains on that.

At least the ground is white for this short arctic blast. 

Dropped 3.1" here. I'm hoping to tack on some bonus stat padding tenths with that lake enhanced stuff that will blowing through here shortly. Looks like pretty widespread 2-4" totals, which I would call a bit of an underproducer for a lot of areas. Hoosier was right about the Euro totals along I-70. Up until radar watching time, it was spitting out ridiculous amounts through Central IL, IN, and OH. Worst model lol

I have a feeling that Ryan, Tim, and Jack all beat me, albeit by a few tenths.

• Like 1

Ended up with about 3.5" which is less than I expected, but the wet nature of the snow meant it stuck to the trees like concrete and is not coming off in the wind. It looks beautiful! I'd take a snow like this over 6" of fluff any day.

Yesterday was the second snowiest day of the season at PIA, behind Halloween. :rolleyes:

• Like 3