Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 12-13 Snowstorm

Snowstorms

1 minute ago, miller.b.time said:

Yeah, to see the point forecast go from 4-8” to 1-3” was a dagger through the heart. I don’t fully understand the reasoning behind the shift, either. 

On the plus side TWC app increased from 1-3 to 3-5 for tonight. I don't think anyone has a clue how much snow we will get. They are all over the place. Personally i would like at least 3.

Snow started falling here at noon, 36 degrees and temp started a gradual drop to 32 and has now gone back up to 33 degrees.

Just took a walk to backside of building and grassy areas have about 1/2" to show for 3 hours of what would normally be a steady accumulating rate. Starting to coat car tops and windshields but pavement and other warm surfaces still melting on contact.

Snow actually started here rapidly on onset with no rain mixed in. I was shocked. Had nice flake size at first but have leveled off to pretty tiny flakes. Banding seems to be setting up further south closer to rain-snow line. Not liking that drying trend in northern MO but hopefully will fill back in as the arctic front and northern stream wave approaches. There is a deformation band back by KC that could pivot up this way though

1 minute ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Snow actually started here rapidly on onset with no rain mixed in. I was shocked. Had nice flake size at first but have leveled off to pretty tiny flakes. Banding seems to be setting up further south closer to rain-snow line. Not liking that drying trend in northern MO but hopefully will fill back in as the arctic front and northern stream wave approaches. There is a deformation band back by KC that could pivot up this way though

Rain was never going to happen there.

27 minutes ago, miller.b.time said:

Yeah, to see the point forecast go from 4-8” to 1-3” was a dagger through the heart. I don’t fully understand the reasoning behind the shift, either. 

I think you're not wrong that there has not been any real meaningful shift in today's model guidance.  I would say the IND forecast shouldn't have been that high to begin with as there were red flags despite what the Euro was showing.  

• Like 2

Updated ILX WWA

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Lincoln IL
314 PM CST Wed Feb 12 2020

ILZ038-042-043-048-051>053-131200-
Christian-De Witt-Logan-Macon-McLean-Menard-Sangamon-
314 PM CST Wed Feb 12 2020

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM CST THURSDAY...

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of central
Illinois.

.DAY ONE...TONIGHT...

Snow will continue through much of tonight, diminishing late. Some
rain may be mixed in at times through early evening south of I-72.
Snow totals of 4 to 5 inches are expected across the area. By
late tonight, strong northwest winds may result in some blowing
and drifting snow, and rapidly falling temperatures will causing
wet or slushy roads to quickly become icy.