Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

26 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I know. That's what I'm saying, there are more ways for 11-15 to suck on the warm side than there are to be good on the cold side. So yeah it may actually feel like warm verifies and cold does not.

Fails at 5h trough low heights can’t compare to cutter, no cutter

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Weirdly-it could be positive in slowing warming at least in the NHEM.

It is ... that's precisely right.

+AO -70 C at 500 mb in 1900 is a +AO -50 C at 500 mb in 2020+Climate change...

Folks ( not you per se but in general ) need to realize that the poles warm the most because they have the greatest cold to shed.  It's just a matter of numerology in the upper vs lower limit of Terran atmospheric thermodynamics.  Those regions that are very cold, will warm more than those regions that are already hot.  It's really not complicated; that means the the poles warm the most in global warming.  etc..

By the way, I read a report that some station in Antarctica put up a 65 the other day. ... speak of the devil.  Granted it's summer down there, but I believe that's a historic number.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Folks ( not you per se but in general ) need to realize that the poles warm the most because they have the greatest cold to shed.  It's just a matter of numerology in the upper vs lower limit of Terran atmospheric thermodynamics.  Those regions that are very cold, will warm more than those regions that are already hot.  It's really not complicated; that means the the poles warm the most in global warming.  etc..

By the way, I read a report that some station in Antarctica put up a 65 the other day. ... speak of the devil.  Granted it's summer down there, but I believe that's a historic number.

Yup. Warmest on record but I think the period of record is rather short?

still...

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That was in the northern area. Whenever a new warm record shows up, the global warming crowd is quick to blame so-called "climate change", but when a new cold record takes place or record snow, they say it's just weather, lol.

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How’s it working out this year? 

Works out every time if you think about it. It’s why people never take chances in life. Afraid of failure. I am not emotionally invested so it’s easy to not give up completely like those who shed tears over not getting frozen water. It’s winter there’s chances, but I understand your need to be wary 

8 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

What happened to the negative epo that was supposed to develop? Everything looks good 10+ days out. 

We just went through it... it's ending in 5 days..  https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/forecasts/reforecast2/teleconn/forecast.html

It's just me but I have personal terminology I use to categorize these things and this was what I call a 'flat EPO' cold loading ..

It's basically just a low amplitude EPO that almost behaves more like one at times when not a more discerned ridge up over Alaska.  It came on sneaky because of that, and there are -20 850 mb plumes circulating through southern Canada in the models now a couple days down wind -

29 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

That was in the northern area. Whenever a new warm record shows up, the global warming crowd is quick to blame so-called "climate change", but when a new cold record takes place or record snow, they say it's just weather, lol.

Yeah, climate change is a hoax... it's amazing how that 150 years of empirical evidence has been faked.   I don't understand why humanity can't just accept the dark society's gag reels of landing on the moon, dinosaurs, and climate change - yet they keep getting sucked into the conspiracy to fake science.  Unreal -

• Like 8