• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    McHenrySnow
    Newest Member
    McHenrySnow

January 18-19 SWFE

3 hours ago, EastonSN+ said:

18 degrees. Local station said only 1 to 3. 

You're probably watching teh wrong station. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

You think similar lake placid?  Thinking 3 to 6 here, was surprised to see almost 10 inches of pack on the ground here but the hotel is just NW of the town of lake placid and sits at 2k feet.  Just beautiful up here
72B124B7-735F-443D-85A7-BBE63BC06E00.thumb.jpeg.e0eabe68a01bc97a0d46be7afd139a94.jpeg
Never been up there. Odd place, where the trees grow sideways.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This is about as straightforward as it gets. 3-6” pretty much for 90% of SNE

Sit back and enjoy. It will look like winter for at least a little while anyway. 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

I am encouraged by radar

Might be a leading edge fronto band, but then tapers off a bit until the stuff in PA comes in. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Might be a leading edge fronto band, but then tapers off a bit until the stuff in PA comes in. 

Ya was modeled well, think it's 7h. Hoping we see the area behind that initial band fill in with any secondary redevelopment that gets underway. 

3 minutes ago, MarkO said:

I'm sure this has been asked already, but why does SNE have WSW and NNE has WWA? Seems bass ackwards considering forecasting snowfall maps.

Because we are manly men who can handle the snow. We don’t need no stinkin’ Warnings. 

• Haha 2

Just now, MarkO said:

Seriously, is that the official stance? No longer numerical warning criteria, but relative storm intensity?

Pretty much. We get winter weather advisories now for 1-3 inches. Winter storm warning criteria is 6 inches in 12 hours or 8 inches in 24 for most of SNE. For the ALY zones in CT and MA up through northern New England it's 7 and 9 inches.

Just now, MarkO said:

Seriously, is that the official stance? No longer numerical warning criteria, but relative storm intensity?

I was just kidding around. There is a numerical aspect to the criteria but it varies depending on location. I thing OceanWx posted an explanatory map a while back.  

• Like 1