Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 18-19 SWFE

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I could see 5-8” up in this neck of the woods once you tally in all the residual terrain light snow on Sunday.  Might be tough to shut off the terrain snow for a bit.  

I’m thinking 3-5” initial burst and 2-3” fluffer nutter topping from -SN most of Sunday.  

Its frigid at -6F and highs only expected in the teens...I’m getting on the train of slightly higher ratios than climo for SWFE.

You think similar lake placid?  Thinking 3 to 6 here, was surprised to see almost 10 inches of pack on the ground here but the hotel is just NW of the town of lake placid and sits at 2k feet.  Just beautiful up here

72B124B7-735F-443D-85A7-BBE63BC06E00.jpeg

48 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is what GYX is thinking, This is 1:00am here when some of the heavier rates should be overhead..........

image.thumb.png.c0a340a9fdb3a7ead7384bb4f6648415.png

Does BTV make those ratio maps as well?  I looked around a bit on their site but didn’t see them - it would be great to monitor what they suggest vs. what analyses reveal.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

All kidding aside, Its a quick moving system about 12hrs or so with a good front end thump so i can see 3-5" for many with some areas in the 5-7" range where you get some enhancement from the CF, Up here its all falling at night so it will be plenty cold and ratios should be a little better then your typical SWFE, Start time here is between 4-7 pm and will be pretty much over by 7-8 am or so to just some left over fzdz.

It’s about a 6 -7 hour storm south of MHT

21 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

HRRR is really putrid with qpf.   It's still going in ME/NH beyond here, but this the entire duration for SNE.

image.thumb.png.32a77478ac89bcf6124b27932d00c112.png

Is it though? Looks like most other guidance. Maybe the GFS/12km NAM have a bit higher in WMA. Looks almost spot on to the Euro.

12 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

NWS cut back on the Snowfall accumulation here to 2-4".

The rather narrow window of time this low pressure will be
nearby, combined with the amount of low level dry air to be
overcome, raised questions about snow totals. Do not have enough
confidence to lower Winter Storm Warnings to Winter Weather
Advisories at this time.

No one should, it's truly awful. Sorry NWS but it is. I use them exclusively for weather information (obviously besides models when im not making my own forecast). I read the AFDs, all the products and Zone ZFPS but never, never P&C. Zones are what everyone should use, i tell that to the general public...click on "Zone Area Forecast for X County".