Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE/CNE Snow Special Thursday 01/16

dryslot

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yup...so is GGEM.

Actually, when I saw that, I clicked the GGEM back several panels -it's actually been trending snowier. 

Euro is doing it too at 12z. 

In fact it's getting 1-2" all the way down to N CT. I'll admit I didn't think this would trend that hard south inside 36 hours. We'll see if it's enough to cause a little AM commute surprise for the pike/Rt 2 region early tomorrow...or if it's just a coating to an inch car topper.  

50 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is doing it too at 12z. 

In fact it's getting 1-2" all the way down to N CT. I'll admit I didn't think this would trend that hard south inside 36 hours. We'll see if it's enough to cause a little AM commute surprise for the pike/Rt 2 region early tomorrow...or if it's just a coating to an inch car topper.  

I guess it's just the flow is so compressed the low can't gain latitude? If anything I've noticed higher heights in the se over time. 

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

18z nam colder too. Might be advisory nrn oh county into adjacent NH towards sea coast.

I would not be surprised if Cape Cod gets a 3-6 hour period of near blizzard conditions as the comma head swings through, if the surface low ends up a little more south, like over ACK instead of over PYM, it could be a bigger snow surprise.  Winds could gust over 50mph tomorrow night and into Friday.

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I would not be surprised if Cape Cod gets a 3-6 hour period of near blizzard conditions as the comma head swings through, if the surface low ends up a little more south, like over ACK instead of over PYM, it could be a bigger snow surprise.  Winds could gust over 50mph tomorrow night and into Friday.

:offtopic: :facepalm:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

You might get some SHSN. 

Marko, I was talking about the Thursday storm, most of the mesomodels show the low more south, towards the Outer Cape instead of north of Provincetown.  Honestly if this solution verifies we will know by the time it reaches 73 W longitude.  If the low is south of 42N latitude passing this longitude line, then we get a snow event even on Cape Cod, if the low is north of that line then we get rain to snow.