Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

MountainGeek

12 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

ecmwf-deterministic-md-snow_1hr_10to1-15

Showed up on the last EURO run too but there could be some snow showers on Wednesday too, verbatim. Snow on snow ;)

So happy this one looks to lay the hammer from Cho up through the rest of the subforum. I'll give everyone a sneak preview of the (hopefull) rippage from northern Cho tomorrow

• Like 3

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I’m still nervous about being fringed 

I hope not.  As much as I stress about my snow I stress about your snow.  You didn’t move there to be fringed.  Yeah it’s pretty there...pretty shmitty it’s all about the climo.  Let’s do this!  

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I know a lot of people think the HRRR is trash but I’m waiting for it to trend in a good direction, particularly temperature wise and it’s just not lol

I’m down to 36.8 with clear skies.  Who knows but I feel good about going below 32 tonight.  But who knows it still has to develop at some point. I am not sure how good or bad the HRRR is.  

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I’m down to 36.8 with clear skies.  Who knows but I feel good about going below 32 tonight.  But who knows it still has to develop at some point. I am not sure how good or bad the HRRR is.  

I’m always in a bad spot for storms like this but HRRR never gets me below 33 and I’m 44 at the end of its run lol

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

I’m always in a bad spot for storms like this but HRRR never gets me below 33 and I’m 44 at the end of its run lol

What are you at now?  I think you will be ok decent thickness and rates should make it ok.  I’m pulling for you.  This is more fun when we all cash in.  Most of us anyway.  

19 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah but even tonight’s temps, it hardly gets anybody below 32

the 23z run has the surface low ~150 miles northwest of the rest of guidance riding the Apps at hour 18. That's why it's so warm. As others have said, it's outside of its useful range.

• Like 1