• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jensenburnett
    Newest Member
    jensenburnett

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

Just now, griteater said:

Not hating the look for next weekend as the models continue to try and drop a northern stream wave down on top of us after cold air sweeps in late in the week (GFS/CMC/Euro all have the look)

I mean it has been sixty years since March 1960

• Like 1

Cold press/ New England  vortex seems too strong on the modeling right now for much amplification of anything dropping in on the back side. The good thing is the vortex will undoubtedly trend weaker and less pressing as we got closer; which will hopefully allow room for something to develop behind it. It's definitely a good look at this range.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BullCityWx said:

I mean it has been sixty years since March 1960

And 93 years since March 1927!

1 hour ago, ragtop50 said:

1960, 1980, 2000...

Continue that trend....we are due !

Not all were March but big snows those years

My mom & late G'Ma talked a lot about that March with 3 consecutive snows on Wednesday.

I remember the one in 80 and also a few in the early 80's.

80, 82, & 83 had huge snow storms.

The one in 83 was late March our fruit trees had fruit on them and we had between 8-10 inches of snow that killed the fruit and damaged the trees badly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Billypg70 said:

My mom & late G'Ma talked a lot about that March with 3 consecutive snows on Wednesday.

I remember the one in 80 and also a few in the early 80's.

80, 82, & 83 had huge snow storms.

The one in 83 was late March our fruit trees had fruit on them and we had between 8-10 inches of snow that killed the fruit and damaged the trees badly.

Yep. I was a senior in high school in Easley S.C. in 83. Front came through on Wednesday and brought flurries after a warm week.  Thursday was gray and cold with a strong NE wind.  We had baseball practice in 42 degree windy weather that day. Try hitting a baseball with an aluminum bat in that weather.  Friday morning the snow hit.  10” of wet snow. Some of the biggest flakes I’ve ever seen.  Was an El Niño winter.  Except that big snow it really wasn’t a snowy winter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upstate Tiger said:

Yep. I was a senior in high school in Easley S.C. in 83. Front came through on Wednesday and brought flurries after a warm week.  Thursday was gray and cold with a strong NE wind.  We had baseball practice in 42 degree windy weather that day. Try hitting a baseball with an aluminum bat in that weather.  Friday morning the snow hit.  10” of wet snow. Some of the biggest flakes I’ve ever seen.  Was an El Niño winter.  Except that big snow it really wasn’t a snowy winter. 

Yes their were trees with leaves out already.

And their was massive damage to trees and powerlines because it was a heavy wet snow.

Literally stuck to the side of our house and just about everything else.

21 minutes ago, griteater said:

It misses but interesting look at 500mb

Alright, because I had such a fun time chasing yesterday’s big event, what do we need to be watching for, trajectory wise!? Deeper dig, more west dig, like down the Rockies, instead of Plains?

4 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Alright, because I had such a fun time chasing yesterday’s big event, what do we need to be watching for, trajectory wise!? Deeper dig, more west dig, like down the Rockies, instead of Plains?

Ha yes dig deep and farther west with big ridge behind it