Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor
BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Took about 10 min to start sticking on the driveway..

It stuck here pretty fast. Ground temps weren't all that warm as we never got into true blowtorch condition the past couple of days. Solid coating down here already, probably not far from an inch down by eyeballing the yard.

• Like 1

Radar certainly isn’t inspiring but ROC should be able to squeak out 2 inches of 6:1.  Better than grass and a nice base for subsequent chances this week. 

Radar returns anemic. Temperatures have gone up a couple of degrees since dark across the county. Looks like storm done early. Zero snow along lakeshore in nwpa. Anxious to see what fell out at cabin by the Peak when I get there later tonight 

26 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Radar certainly isn’t inspiring but ROC should be able to squeak out 2 inches of 6:1.  Better than grass and a nice base for subsequent chances this week. 

Agreed, good solid base, grass just about covered. 

Interesting that the NWS is talking"upslope" snow overnight but some of the models like the hrrr and rgem develop a single band overnight on a Westerly flow.. Eventually going wnw..

I think I was being generous. We have maybe a half inch of pure slop and it’s changed back to drizzle and snow grains. An inch would be an achievement. Lol. Maybe some lake enhancement with better ratios late night will give us another inch. I dunno. 

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

How’s everyone else in WNY fairing? Flake size and intensity has dropped off dramatically. Small pellets, few flakes, and even some rain mixing back in. Only 3/4” on my board. Snow is so water packed it’s almost translucent instead of white. Trying to time my measurement to get the most snow possible but also want to get a liquid equivalent on this slop.

We had less than an inch in NE Buffalo. Rain started mixing in around 4:30 PM, and it never fully switched back to snow. I had very low expectations for this one and it still somehow managed to disappoint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WNash said:

We had less than an inch in NE Buffalo. Rain started mixing in around 4:30 PM, and it never fully switched back to snow. I had very low expectations for this one and it still somehow managed to disappoint.

Lol. Perfect summary.

Its not even cold enough for LE, lol, what a shame, in a real winter, CAA would be underway big time, flakes would be drying out as the lake takes over but not this yr, lol! This is a warm cyclonic flow, lol!

35 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

2 nearest WU stations down to 32° but yeah extremely wet crap lol

Hit 32 here for a while went back up to 33.   About an inch of extremely wet snow on my car, seems like an April snow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Its not even cold enough for LE, lol, what a shame, in a real winter, CAA would be underway big time, flakes would be drying out as the lake takes over but not this yr, lol! This is a warm cyclonic flow, lol!

This is true. Wasn’t sure if the column could support it late night. Not much synoptic moisture left though. 

• Like 1