• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Everything but main roads have caved in buffalo...im in the parking lot of Nichols high school waiting for my son to get done with soccer practice indoors. In the hour I've been here the grass us white but it's very slushy...parking lot slushy with areas of white...having a tough time accumulating well.

Should start getting better soon I’m thinking. Pavement has had a slushy cost building up for the last 20-30 minutes now here. Once we get past 4pm I think we’ll have better conditions for “snow on the ground” in BUF. Higher elevations I bet though are getting smoked right now. The earlier switch over was nice but was harder building that up with marginal temps and durinal effects at midday noon time. If this was timed a few hour later I think we would have seen better temp drops to let the snow actually accumulate. Going to depend just how much longer WNY stays under that better precip shield and if we can get in on any of that lake enhanced flow at the lower elevations. It keeps back building off the screen so would assume at least a few more hours.

a2268da7dd7b555d1767ba903b9e1728.jpg

It's amazing how such a wonderful start to winter for Buffalo has been such a "meh" start for Syracuse a few hours east.

Nah still just a meh here for me. 6” melt... 6” melt.., 6” melt... is a vicious cycle. We just can’t hold a snowpack here like you guys can. This time of the year give me a big storm to enjoy. Save these little flake jobs for January when we have sustained cold to build a snowpack. You guys are always late to the party anyways. Were usually ready to call it a warp by mid February with our lake out of commission while you guys are right in the thick of it!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Nah still just a meh here for me. 6” melt... 6” melt.., 6” melt... is a vicious cycle. We just can’t hold a snowpack here like you guys can. This time of the year give me a big storm to enjoy. Save these little flake jobs for January when we have sustained cold to build a snowpack. You guys are always late to the party anyways. Were usually ready to call it a warp by mid February with our lake out of commission while you guys are right in the thick of it!

We still have a snowpack scattered around in some places...with snowpiles around everybody's properties. I'm surprised some of the snowpack is still hanging in there with the ridiculousness of 2 rain storms and temps going well up into the 40s several days since the "big" storm two weekends ago.