• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

I'm fascinated by the prospect of a rapidly deepening sub 980mb low over the adirondacks.  That really doesnt happen often at all.  Certainly not a classic high wind track but its got to end up producing some pretty damn gusty winds on the South shore of Lake Ontario.  Combine that wind with some concrete like snow and we might even have some branches down and power outages.   Also wondering if they will extend those lakeshore flood watches.  The water levels are so high

44 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Models not doing what I hoped this 0z. Hmmm. So close! 

Take a close look at the 0z high res nam, it pops a surface low in deep convection off the east coast which rides up towards boston before backbuilding and jumping back over PA where the strongest upper level support is developing.  I think the drop in precip on that 0z NAM run might be related to convective feedback,(however sometimes the surface low really will track with that deep convection) where the 18z run maintains the primary low over PA.  Anyway something to keep an eye on.  

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Cause its gonna rain, lol, and whoever is praying that somehow the cold air, we so desperately need, will win out over the warmth that's being forecasted because that's not gonna happen cause there is no mechanism to tap it, simple as that! That's not gonna change either in 2 days so.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

LOL:pepsi:

hrdps_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_23.png

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

All the globals are warm, Ggem, icon , gfs etc.. Hopefully they just aren't picking up dynamic cooling..They all look elevation dependent including the rgem..

Yup, definitely noticed that. Isn't this the time range in which we sort of put the globals aside and look at the mesoscale models...before the time range in which we ignore them all and look out the window?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

All the globals are warm, Ggem, icon , gfs etc.. Hopefully they just aren't picking up dynamic cooling..They all look elevation dependent including the rgem..

Lower levels are pretty damn warm. Mid upper 30’s to 45 around SYR. It’s gotta be dynamic if it’s gonna happen. My optimism has gone from an 8-5 with the 0z. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Lower levels are pretty damn warm. Mid upper 30’s to 45 around SYR. It’s gotta be dynamic if it’s gonna happen. My optimism has gone from an 8-5 with the 0z. 

Yep will wait and see tomorrow, I’m off to bed have fun tracking this thing lol!

• Like 1