• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

It's still early, like the 1st Quarter of the game, but KSYR getting blitzed hard for the Golden Snowball.  Gonna need to make some halftime adjustments or we gonna get blown the f*ck out like the NY Giants.  ;) 

I love the analogy retard .

Sorry it's a "hood" thing..;)

Giants just saved themselves an extra 12mill for next season..

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I’ve had the luckiest week of my life. Passed my MR Registry (medical imaging board), got an unexpected raise, had a great trip to Chicago.

If this thing happens, after jumping on it early, I’ll go buy a bunch of lottery tickets. 

Now all you need is a surprise snowstorm this weekend! :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I’ve had the luckiest week of my life. Passed my MR Registry (medical imaging board), got an unexpected raise, had a great trip to Chicago.

If this thing happens, after jumping on it early, I’ll go buy a bunch of lottery tickets. 

Congrats Dave! What is the MR mean? Is that related to xrays? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Regardless of precip type, that storm tomorrow is anomalously deep.  Most models have it bottoming out in the low 970's or even upper 960's moves into Quebec, thats fairly unusual.  

Do you think this could cause some surprises in the forecast?

10 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Do you think this could cause some surprises in the forecast?

I mean it certainly doesnt hurt us.  The models have always forecasted it to be deep, but it over the last two days the sfc low min pressure has decreased by almost 15mb which is certainly significant.  That can only help wrap in the cold air faster.  I'm also rusty on adiabatic/diabatic cooling processes but I seem to remember additional cooling under rapidly deepening storms as the heights begin to crash.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I mean it certainly doesnt hurt us.  The models have always forecasted it to be deep, but it over the last two days the sfc low min pressure has decreased by almost 15mb which is certainly significant.  That can only help wrap in the cold air faster.  I'm also rusty on adiabatic/diabatic cooling processes but I seem to remember additional cooling under rapidly deepening storms as the heights begin to crash.  

The dynamic cooling portion is what I was thinking as well. That has certainly surprised forecasters in the past.

Starting to see some HWOs pop up in WNY ctys. Let's see how BUF's AFD reads.