• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Look at the wind direction, out of the south lol..
U wouldn't expect that with a system over the Delmarva..
Has something to do with that northern stream energy..
gfs_mslp_uv850_us_9.thumb.png.a6cbd84c60e5cf6747310ce8287580b1.png
It all has to do with that H850 LP from the Northern Stream energy and its enormous, lol, but things can change, especially for us! Unfortunately everyone to our South and East is pretty much toast

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

What a bomb on the gfs lol

Gets down to 949mb..

Been watching this one from afar haha

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_42 (1).png

Comes through here much weaker and as all snow...in fact I figure the GFS will come around on Monday night-Tuesday's little storm and a lot if what's being forecast looks to be white up until Christmas. Quite the change from about 1 week ago when it was cutter after cutter after cutter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Sure does look snowier on euro. 3 to 5 incher

If this one comes in... I’m gonna feel great! Lol. It’s a classic set up. Minus the upper level low Freak mentioned (he’s usually right). Anyway, I’ve been on this sucker for several days now while every other met was downplaying. 
im looking forward to seeing how it rolls out. I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Bristol Hills come in with over a foot. 
If it does stay a cold rain, as most expect, it’ll be such a freaking waste of the most ideal track for the Genesee Valley and East Buffalo burbs. 

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Euro still weak and south for Tuesday. 

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus (6).png

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus (7).png

But definitely came further NW with the precip shield...i believe yesterday's 12z was complete whiff SE...also it shows a shortwave (Alberta clipper) for Wednesday that would bring some lake snows NE of the lakes for a bit. Too early for anything worthy, however if this run is like the 00z there were several Clippers giving is chances.

• Like 1

Well, FWIW, around here, this December shaping up quite similar to last year. Which wasn't good for snow, and seems to remind of many similar ones in past decade. 

Less than 2" snowcover for the entire month last year, other than a 3-4" snowfall that hung around a couple days around 12/7 and then we had a stick save 5.5" Xmas eve into Xmas morning. After that, nada. 

This year, Ol Man Winter did us a solid to start the month but we've been bleeding out ever since.