Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, Yeoman said:

Weather is serious bidness, buster..

Agree completely.. one of the reasons I’m rarely around anymore.. that and this annoying job getting in the way.

And if you don’t like it, they say you can just pound sand and leave, as if the majority of posters here chose this style of control or who is making these rules and enforcing them. I couldn’t imagine waking up each morning giddy to come to a weather board and enforce order, whether people wanted it or not. But when you lack control at work and home, a place like this becomes an outlet where you can be in control. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Managed to snag tickets to last night. It was great to see him in action live. Shame the special teams was so poor. Never seen such a shitty performance from them. 

The Jets have something in Darnold. He had flashes of solid performance. 

Yeah they have something to work on in the next week, and I was also pretty impressed with Darnold.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I couldn't resist the cheesiness.

I think it came from 33andrain actually. I am it trouble!

hahaha it is cheesy. 

FWIW - I watched the whole game and Ravens look good, even with crappy special team plays. I may not be a home town team fan, but i'll give credit where its due. 

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Someone needs to explain to me how a Patriots loss ensures us home field advantage. I get that a KC loss would do it because they beat us this year, but how do the patriots have any say in it? Up by two games with two to play, and we beat them. Why are they in the conversation?

I think any next ravens win, or losses this week by both KC and NE would do it.  Ravens have an effective 2 game lead thanks to the tiebreaker.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Someone needs to explain to me how a Patriots loss ensures us home field advantage. I get that a KC loss would do it because they beat us this year, but how do the patriots have any say in it? Up by two games with two to play, and we beat them. Why are they in the conversation?

If the Patriots lose a game they would have 4 losses, and even if the Ravens lost their last 2, they would have the same record but own head to head tiebreaker. But that would not guarantee the Ravens the top seed because KC, I believe, if they win out would be 12-4, and if the ravens were also 12-4, KC would be the top seed. Simply put, Ravens need to beat the Browns and they are the number one seed.

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I don’t care to post here much anymore either because the control freaks have taken over. These guys destroy boards and run long time posters away. It’s always the same couple of people. Used to be funny, now just sad. And they will make very predictable responses to this post, “not my rules” “I just enforce them” “only following orders” etc. I doubt the person that supposedly set the rules even gives a shit. 

I respectfully disagree.  The other weather boards I know of all have way stricter rules than here.  I AM HERE for almost the exact opposite reason...the free exchange of ideas and information here with only a slight modicum of rules.  Seriously what rules are making people feel so oppressed?  What am I missing?  People can post almost anything they want short of vulgarity and personal attacks, they just have to do it in the correct thread to keep things from being a confusing mess.  Almost every other forum I know of has similar, and MORE strict rules.  And the ones that don't are a hot mess of nonsense posts that are unreadable.  

You are free to disagree with me and I am free to disagree with you.  And it's not personal.  I have no problems with you, or anyone else that doesn't like the rules at all.    I have no problems with you saying I am full of crap and these rules stifle people.  I am not trying to change your mind.  I just honestly don't understand why some have a problem with the very minimal guidelines here...and where you are talking about that is a more free and open environment.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mappy said:

the lane is no banter in mid-long range threads. i didn't make up the rule, just enforcing it as i was asked. if you dont like it, then take it up with Randy. otherwise, get over it. 

i seriously doubt Randy cares....lol...your talking about randy. 

12 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Anybody remember someone named [email protected] used to say stick a fork in it...not sure why I just thought of that

I remember Pete.  He was part of the AOL chat rooms back in the early 90's, which was the first weather discussion I found online.  I'm pretty sure he was a member at Eastern, but not sure if he made the switch to American ?  Maybe in the NYC forums if he's still around.

52 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Another thing that came to mind as I drink this 90min IPA is alt.neweather.forums..drinking makes me think of the past

The OG. Youre taking me back!

Anyone do the mirc thing on #neweather with Ian, Marcus, and I (SteveB)? I think Randy eventually joined us...and a bunch from the NE crew.

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I don’t care to post here much anymore either because the control freaks have taken over. These guys destroy boards and run long time posters away. It’s always the same couple of people. Used to be funny, now just sad. And they will make very predictable responses to this post, “not my rules” “I just enforce them” “only following orders” etc. I doubt the person that supposedly set the rules even gives a shit. 

lol apparently @stormtracker set the rules and I know he dosent care

20 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

An old buddy of mine out in CO texted me a pic of him skiing waist deep powder in whiteout conditions today. I kinda want to punch him in the kidneys. Am I a bad person? 

Probably not. I have those same kinds of reactions when my buddy from NH texts me photos of him skiing/snowshoeing near Mt Washington.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic