Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2019

George BM

1 minute ago, H2O said:

No.  October is now a snow month too.  And even april.  So in theory we should snow on the ground for 7 months.

Yes!! I simply don't understand how come every pattern doesn't produce here. We are perfectly situated dead center on the east coast. We are tucked in behind those beautiful hills to our west. We have this beautiful arch inland away from the ocean so those coastal huggers are always perfectly positioned. I mean didn't we all move here from Siberia for more snow?

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That's my understanding. Why wont it snow when we have the low sun, short days, and its Xmas season. Happens all the time on Lifetime channel.

Hallmark.  Its the hallmark channel that proves AGW is a myth.  i should know.  The wife has DVRd all that Xmas movie stuff.  The story is the same.  Divorced mom or single woman gets heart broken before the holidays or isn't looking for love but then the dashing man comes out of no where and re-kindles the love for the holidays  and 

Image result for i'm going to throw up gif

But the main theme is snow.  snow everywhere.  it snows inside the cute boutique the woman runs while looking for love.  It snows while they shower.  And eat breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Hallmark.  Its the hallmark channel that proves AGW is a myth.  i should know.  The wife has DVRd all that Xmas movie stuff.  The story is the same.  Divorced mom or single woman gets heart broken before the holidays or isn't looking for love but then the dashing man comes out of no where and re-kindles the love for the holidays  and 

Image result for i'm going to throw up gif

But the main theme is snow.  snow everywhere.  it snows inside the cute boutique the woman runs while looking for love.  It snows while they shower.  And eat breakfast.

You are right. They are both sappy, awful channels, but Hallmark > Lifetime when it comes perpetual snow. I think it snows in Florida on that channel.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ji said:

i  posted 4 times that we are chasing a mirage  it seems and mappy removed  it 4 times. Thats  not a mirage! That actually happened!

I removed only one of those four posts. Seems you didn't get the message the first time it was removed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Work got in the way . That's no excuse...I should have been here lol. Some of this is mixed I'm sure .

PhotoPictureResizer_191213_091528461_crop_1392x1252.jpg

Question for anybody. Does Kuchera ratios take into account sleet and mixing. Snow maps are lolz unless its a pure snow storm but does kuchera help?

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Our climo is a disaster.

One frustrating thing living in the DC/Baltimore Metro area, and I totally understand it having lived there, and southern NJ southeast of Philly which is in much the same boat for a long time...you are so so so close to regions to the north where snow is common in winter.  I mean people to our north might complain when they get 30" instead of 50" or 40" instead of 60" in a season but the bottom line is 90% of winters (with the rare whole continent skunk years like 2002 as exceptions) the difference for them is snowy or more snowy.  But we are just south of the zone where snow is common and normal in winter.  We are close enough that in a year where the jet is suppressed in some way we can end up sharing in their glory and get a snowy winter.  And in a "typical" winter we can get lucky a couple times and get some snow.  But for long long stretches we are so close to glory and have to watch others a stones throw away enjoy snow while we are 33 and rain.  I totally get the frustration.  But that is the reality of where DC and Baltimore is located.  Their climo.  I was so frustrated by it I choose to commute over and hour each way everyday so that I can live just far enough north...with the aid of some elevation...to eek myself into the southern edge of the climate zone where snow is more common, so that even in a bad or typical year I at least can expect some decent snow.  But I have to suffer sitting in traffic and wasting hours of my life everyday for that...so imagine how frustrated I must have been by my climo when I was near DC!  

ETA:  for the record there are other things I like about living here...its absolutely beautiful, I have a view you can't get near the cities, I am close to recreational activities I enjoy, its cooler in summer and I can't stand the oppressive heat and humidity... so its not JUST the snow...but I won't lie the snow is a BIG BIG part of it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ji said:

i  posted 4 times that we are chasing a mirage  it seems and mappy removed  it 4 times. Thats  not a mirage! That actually happened!

But you are perfectly capable of adding legit analysis to your post and you choose not too. Like...it’s a mirage because...

...When was the gfs nailed a big storm when it was totally on its own. 

...the gefs doesn’t really support 

...even on the op gfs the ridge axis out west isn’t ideal and it only accomplishes that solution through a crazy amplification that is probably due to its bias. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic