Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2019

George BM

30 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

But you are perfectly capable of adding legit analysis to your post and you choose not too. Like...it’s a mirage because...

...When was the gfs nailed a big storm when it was totally on its own. 

...the gefs doesn’t really support 

...even on the op gfs the ridge axis out west isn’t ideal and it only accomplishes that solution through a crazy amplification that is probably due to its bias. 

dude you know this---we all have our roles here. We just need to stay in our lanes. I am comfortable in my lane.I actually love reading to learn and then posting to Whine

Just now, mappy said:

is he?

Here is what I have to say about Ji...I think he is a really good guy in real life. He loves his family dearly, he does things for his community and he is generally just a good person and I consider him an online friend.

His online persona here though is as he has stated is to be disruptive and complain and use this place as a soapbox to vent. He will never change and I have seen several posts saying Ji is funny and he gets it and etc etc but the copycats. Well If I read that then I would be like hey I can continue to do what I've always done which is all that he is doing. PSU is right, he has all of the capabilities to back up his posts with quality information, that isn't why he comes here though. He uses his FB to be more reasoned and objective with a splash of whine....here he just wants to vent and get as many eyeballs to see it as he can. He won't stick to the banter or panic threads, he knows what he is doing.

Most of my posts this morning in banter were to make fun of Ji, he knows where he lives yet he still expects tons of snow. He could move, but he knows here is a pretty darn nice place to raise a family and yes we get snow sometimes...occasionally a ton of it.

Heck he still complains about sports even though his town just had back to back championships. Ji does not break character, never has and never will. Ji is just being Ji.

I rambled...it's ok...i'm in banter...most won't read it...that's ok as well.

P.S I think it's hilarious and right  whoever is deleting his posts. So funny :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ji said:

dude you know this---we all have our roles here. We just need to stay in our lanes. I am comfortable in my lane.I actually love reading to learn and then posting to Whine

Then do your adult diaper act in banter.  Thats now the lane you should stay in.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ji said:

the lane is no banter in mid-long range threads. i didn't make up the rule, just enforcing it as i was asked. if you dont like it, then take it up with Randy. otherwise, get over it. 

25 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Here is what I have to say about Ji...I think he is a really good guy in real life. He loves his family dearly, he does things for his community and he is generally just a good person and I consider him an online friend.

His online persona here though is as he has stated is to be disruptive and complain and use this place as a soapbox to vent. He will never change and I have seen several posts saying Ji is funny and he gets it and etc etc but the copycats. Well If I read that then I would be like hey I can continue to do what I've always done which is all that he is doing. PSU is right, he has all of the capabilities to back up his posts with quality information, that isn't why he comes here though. He uses his FB to be more reasoned and objective with a splash of whine....here he just wants to vent and get as many eyeballs to see it as he can. He won't stick to the banter or panic threads, he knows what he is doing.

Most of my posts this morning in banter were to make fun of Ji, he knows where he lives yet he still expects tons of snow. He could move, but he knows here is a pretty darn nice place to raise a family and yes we get snow sometimes...occasionally a ton of it.

Heck he still complains about sports even though his town just had back to back championships. Ji does not break character, never has and never will. Ji is just being Ji.

I rambled...it's ok...i'm in banter...most won't read it...that's ok as well.

P.S I think it's hilarious and right  whoever is deleting his posts. So funny :)

Ji can be Ji, in the proper thread. He can bitch to Randy if he has a problem with his posts being hidden. Or, he could post better in the mid/long range thread. Its not that hard. 

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Can I vent about the hostile pac in here? Lol

Seriously, of all the atmospheric obstacles we've had since 2016, I think that has frustrated me the most. Why can't it just get right???? (this ain't no possible climate change crap is it? If so, we're gonna have problems) crap Dang you PAC ...DANG YOU!

Just keep it in perspective. 90% of our winter precip is rain and 90% of the time we're in a pattern that doesn't snow. It can be the Pac, atlantic, high latitudes, MJO regions, you name it and it can cause problems. That's just how it is and always will be.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Just keep it in perspective. 90% of our winter precip is rain and 90% of the time we're in a pattern that doesn't snow. It can be the Pac, atlantic, high latitudes, MJO regions, you name it and it can cause problems. That's just how it is and always will be.

This is the way

I don’t care to post here much anymore either because the control freaks have taken over. These guys destroy boards and run long time posters away. It’s always the same couple of people. Used to be funny, now just sad. And they will make very predictable responses to this post, “not my rules” “I just enforce them” “only following orders” etc. I doubt the person that supposedly set the rules even gives a shit. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

I don’t care to post here much anymore either because the control freaks have taken over. These guys destroy boards and run long time posters away. It’s always the same couple of people. Used to be funny, now just sad. And they will make very predictable responses to this post, “not my rules” “I just enforce them” “only following orders” etc. I doubt the person that supposedly set the rules even gives a shit. 

Weather is serious bidness, buster..

Agree completely.. one of the reasons I’m rarely around anymore.. that and this annoying job getting in the way.
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Typical winter progression on americanwx....

8am - LR thread becomes a super thread and is labeled "hot topic" as people are waking up and posting about the great overnight trends

11:25am - Banter thread becomes busy and is now labeled "hot topic" as the 12z runs back off of what the overnight runs showed

Inevitable 2pm - Panic Room thread labeled as "hot topic" 

4pm - discobs thread becomes "hot topic" as people start posting about the deluge of rain

5:20pm - LR thread has 40 new posts in 10 mins about how the 18z runs are showing some hope

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Booo hooo.  You'd fit in at 33andrain.  go there

47 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yeah, yeah I gotcha...I just don't wanna see that alleged 10% get even lower for whatever reason. There's a reason we only get 2 footers every 6-7 years and 1 footers every 3-4 years (that second one I'm starting to hang my hat on...no matter what weather chaos has ensued, that's repeated itself, lol)

Overall...it's like, you know how hard it can be to get snow here. You kinda expect it...but it still sucks when it misses even if you could see it coming.

27 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Typical winter progression on americanwx....

8am - LR thread becomes a super thread and is labeled "hot topic" as people are waking up and posting about the great overnight trends

11:25am - Banter thread becomes busy and is now labeled "hot topic" as the 12z runs back off of what the overnight runs showed

Inevitable 2pm - Panic Room thread labeled as "hot topic" 

4pm - discobs thread becomes "hot topic" as people start posting about the deluge of rain

5:20pm - LR thread has 40 new posts in 10 mins about how the 18z runs are showing some hope

Yeah what's up with the 18z runs often appearing to look "better" anyway? Why does that happen?

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

dont let the door hit you on the way out 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic