• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

2 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Love the new name, maybe it will turn things around. At this point in time I'd try Voodoo if I thought it might help.

Too late I tried voodoo already last few days :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

For who? Binghamton maybe.

It’s got below freezing temps for most of the region. It’s very icy. Cmc is a lot colder too

4D2C3E3E-0E26-49B8-9BB3-5F5E02532038.png

22 minutes ago, rclab said:

They should be renamed after the major weather models. As always ....

Heck I've seen a local groundhog out and about already. And looking fat and sassy too...

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

This has been around for years. Read your Lysol bottle.

Flu is always mutating. Novel coranavirus is just that, novel. 

If you want to know where the cold air is try Alaska. Fairbanks in January averaged -21 degrees some  13 degrees below normal. McGrath Alaska averaged -24 degrees, about 18 degrees below normal.

3 hours ago, Ericjcrash said:

He should be banned due to name change. Smh.

Yeah, and not to mention it's an interesting name choice lol.

18 hours ago, Ericjcrash said:

He should be banned due to name change. Smh.

I guess, in response, S19 will be changing his name to MJO345. I still miss the little snowman avatar. As always .....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ForestHillWx said:

Spring fever today; put the nail in this winter and let's get outside. I'm itching to start spring clean up. 

No thanks, I still have the regular fever.

45 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

No thanks, I still have the regular fever.

I noticed this year is bad for coughs and fevers.  I had a fever for five days going back around the New Year.  Lot of people sick this year, and the hygiene is terrible.  People need to learn to cover better, and wash their hands after being in public spaces.

3 hours ago, ForestHillWx said:

Spring fever today; put the nail in this winter and let's get outside. I'm itching to start spring clean up. 

With all do respect  i rather wait...i hate spring allergy season going to be brutual this year just my opinion..

• Confused 1

OK, so when can we start a Topic that roots for (and tracks) a Top Ten Warm Winter to the bloody finish line.

AccuWeather again raised the projected T, early in the month, this time for February, to +3 or better.     They went up 5 degrees to +6 and came close in January.

For the Met Winter we need a +3.1 finish and we are now +3.5+.         For the calendar winter we are +7.0 and I do not know what the hottest 90-day period is reckoning from Dec. 22, but it must be similar to the +6.5 warmest ever winter.    

Another record to explore would be fewest BN Days (for the calendar winter----we might have just 8 to 10 by Feb.  20, if we are lucky. (currently 6)

The only good thing so far for me is that Dec, at least the first three weeks was ok with some snow and cold....got to enjoy the winter feel leading up to Christmas.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, doncat said:

The only good thing so far for me is that Dec, at least the first three weeks was ok with some snow and cold....got to enjoy the winter feel leading up to Christmas.

That and my heating bill has been incredibly low. Didnt owe any money on my balanced billing for January...and i still have an account credit. Partly due to new boiler, and partly due to the warmth.

• Like 1

What an active pattern

Imagine if we had blocking 

This pattern would have been insane for our area.

• Confused 1

So I was wondering, I usually do not see plants and flowers sprouting this early usually mid march i think is normal. I also think that puts the kibosh on any upcoming winter weather. It's like the death knell. Another good expression for this winter. You guys agree? Or is there still hope??

8 hours ago, Jacob brooklyn said:

So I was wondering, I usually do not see plants and flowers sprouting this early usually mid march i think is normal. I also think that puts the kibosh on any upcoming winter weather. It's like the death knell. Another good expression for this winter. You guys agree? Or is there still hope??

Perennials will often start sprouting in Feb; they emerge slowly in the cold and can take a few snowstorms. If Feb is snowless and mild, you will see them emerge. They'l slow down if it gets colder. What's more unusual is the flies and mosquitos.