• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

NYCSNOWMAN2020

Unfortunately  for nyc folks  this doesn't appear to be anything  ...maybe 1 or 2 inches ...yes could be suprise deformation band  etc ..but not counting on it ...i guess gotta be realistic  this storm from the get go had NW ...event written all over it ...congrats  to ..all seeing 5 plus  ..our day will arrive  .. lol .maybe 

26 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Let’s have an existential discussion around the term “crushing”.

When considering the term; how to be rational when all around are just the opposite. If Tip gets in on this, heaven bless his between the ears strength, it may be quite a multi page discussion. As always ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I started with ne.weather on AOL back around 97 or 98. Then I remember Wright Weather, then Eastern, then here. 

As I remember, very little censorship. I still remember a young DT getting upset because someone accused him of saying something negative about the then super met Joe Bastardi. Today he might consider the accusation a compliment. Wild place back then, like the old west, before the forum self destructed. As always ....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rclab said:

As I remember, very little censorship. I still remember a young DT getting upset because someone accused him of saying something negative about the then super met Joe Bastardi. Today he might consider the accusation a compliment. Wild place back then, like the old west, before the forum self destructed. As always ....

Oh yeah. I remember DT going off on me calling me a liar during a storm back then, claimed there was no way I had snow falling at my location. It’s a heck of a lot easier nowadays to share a photo as needed LOL

46 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Oh yeah. I remember DT going off on me calling me a liar during a storm back then, claimed there was no way I had snow falling at my location. It’s a heck of a lot easier nowadays to share a photo as needed LOL

I still can’t figure out how to post a photo even in these easy days. IR17 can you imagine how some of the present generation of posters would have faired on the forums back then. As always .....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I started with ne.weather on AOL back around 97 or 98. Then I remember Wright Weather, then Eastern, then here. 

WWBB That's it! Boom haha that place was an unmoderated party :)

2 hours ago, rclab said:

LOL he blew up weekly.

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Back then some of todays forums most prolific posters would have ended up as the main attraction at DT’s Weenie Roast. As always ......

Some of the biggest :weenie: :weenie: back then are respected red taggers now.  Which is weird.  Some have grown and learned, others are still :weenie:.  It seemed more fun back then with fewer models, fewer off-hour runs, lower model resolution, and no twitter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Dude he called me out a couple of times :) We enjoyed each others company :hurrbear:

I only remember him complimenting Wethafella back then, he said he was the finest weather hobbyist he ever encountered. A very true statement and a rare DT compliment. As always .....

• Like 2