• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

NYCSNOWMAN2020

If only you could have heard JB rant for 15mins. in his Atmospheric Avenger video today, you would know he has been in too many Full Nelsons.     Only part of it is acting.        The presentation was as clear as a Day 16 Spaghetti Diagram.

Besides, when scientists start sounding like lawyers trying to confuse a jury---we are all in trouble.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CIK62 said:

If only you could have heard JB rant for 15mins. in his Atmospheric Avenger video today, you would know he has been in too many Full Nelsons.     Only part of it is acting.        The presentation was as clear as a Day 16 Spaghetti Diagram.

Besides, when scientists start sounding like lawyers trying to confuse a jury---we are all in trouble.

When Meteorologists start acting/talking like lawyers/politicians their forecasts would be more at home in the banter thread. As always ......

I went to the Catskills for a few hours this morning and temps hovered between 34 and 30 all the way ---- trees looked like glass,,,,,,,,,,on the way home it was sleeting pretty good but eventually it turned to rain and all wet. I got home a short while ago and it was sleeting outside my house here in New City and the deck was / is pretty slick

3 minutes ago, WarrenCtyWx said:

Where exactly is this historic warmth that I keep hearing about in the main thread? It looks as though one or two days may reach 50 in the next week or so, but that isn't really comparable to March 2012 or December 2015 in terms of anomalies. It is early though.

If you hate winter, as a lot of my cohort does, there is not, nor has there been, any kind of warmth to get excited over. These folks want sunny and 80 all year round. " At least it isn't snow" is all I hear in winters like this. 

2 hours ago, WarrenCtyWx said:

Where exactly is this historic warmth that I keep hearing about in the main thread? It looks as though one or two days may reach 50 in the next week or so, but that isn't really comparable to March 2012 or December 2015 in terms of anomalies. It is early though.

Don't know where  it is? It's snowing out right now. Not sticking,  but, it's all snow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, forkyfork said:

betelgeuse had better explode this year

It’s exploded already more then likely, we just haven’t seen it yet. 
For everyone complaining about the lack of snow you do not have to go far to get to deep winter. I just saw every possible winter weather precip type over a three day period in Vermont. 1/4” ice storm, 2” of sleet including a sleet thunderstorm with 6 bolts. 4” of snow, a light snow break that lasted 24 hours and added another inch. And finally a snow squall that dropped 2” in 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Is it garbage or is taking a weather model output verbatim ill advised? 

Why blame the model? The weather has been very volatile the past couple of months, so I think it is not unreasonable if the models behave similarly.

• Like 1