• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

I'm really liking the WAA thump here...also becoming a bit more impressed with the banding with round 2. I know we'll have to overcome those warm layers, but I think dynamic cooling is going to help big time and the lift in the banding is going to be pretty intense. Decided to increase from yesterday.

563351641_2ndcallsnowmapDec1to22019.png.523abcc5df113d6a6e5d5888a1508cb2.png

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

And then crashes south by 9z.   Too early for ageo?

It’s an oblong shape low so crash SE of CF will take time. Given cold layer below 900, could be some decent pelting if NAM is right. It also looks mild at the surface. I’ll toss those temps at ORH on 06z Monday.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s an oblong shape low so crash SE of CF will take time. Given cold layer below 900, could be some decent pelting if NAM is right. It also looks mild at the surface. I’ll toss those temps at ORH on 06z Monday.

Weymouth fatties as others melt Monday late day?

I'm pretty excited...this is exciting. Unfortunately I'll miss out on the big snows at BDL b/c I'll probably stay at a hotel in Branford Sunday so I can get to work Monday but I'll be off antibiotics tomorrow so I can chillax in my hotel room sunday night watching the Pats/Bruins and drink this awesome double IPA I bought a few weeks ago I've been dying to try. 

WINTER!!!!!!!!

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm really liking the WAA thump here...also becoming a bit more impressed with the banding with round 2. I know we'll have to overcome those warm layers, but I think dynamic cooling is going to help big time and the lift in the banding is going to be pretty intense. Decided to increase from yesterday.

563351641_2ndcallsnowmapDec1to22019.png.523abcc5df113d6a6e5d5888a1508cb2.png

Looks reasonable as of now Wiz.  Nice work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm pretty excited...this is exciting. Unfortunately I'll miss out on the big snows at BDL b/c I'll probably stay at a hotel in Branford Sunday so I can get to work Monday but I'll be off antibiotics tomorrow so I can chillax in my hotel room sunday night watching the Pats/Bruins and drink this awesome double IPA I bought a few weeks ago I've been dying to try. 

WINTER!!!!!!!!

5 months and 2 days to 5/1/20!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

WINTER!!!!!!!!

Branford ....Ewwwww no winter there

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that is a much better look in SNE for round 2 vs euro. But the NAM caveats..:...

Something that comes to mind with modeling and past systems

When i see rapid mid level deepening forecast i am less surprised to see a low end up closing off earlier and Slowing /Temporarily stalling Just East of Southern half of Jersey Coast and really hammering Pocano's /Catskills /E slope and bending many over in SNE

I DO NOT see that rapid deepening forecast so  i could still definitely  see this  untucking ....wether that is enough to change the forcing mechanisms enough to generate good lift east of the river Monday nite we shall see how much it untucks.  IT could still be an Elongated low from off S NJ ENE to the Cape like boxing day. The elongation at least kept a Northerly drain going in much of E MA 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that is a much better look in SNE for round 2 vs euro. But the NAM caveats..:...

What does it show after Monday eve for Central/ northern CT? Also... I see some worrying about some of the warmth the Nam is showing..but..it is still 2-3 days out ( not in Nam's wheel house ), and..Nam can be a bit on the Warm Bias. I always remember Bernie Rayno saying... Don't get caught up in the windshield wipers effect a few days prior..lol