Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most of the snow comes from round 2. That’s where some places grab 6-10+

Depends where you are. I think the further northeast you are, round 1 is better. But I agree round 2 is probably going to be undernodeled in many spots. Even on this euro run after it destroys western zones, it looks good further east Monday night. 

This kind of reminds me of January 16 for the mid Atlantic...when the models pretty much honed in on NYC on south for the big hit.  Every run they were in it. 

This seems to be doing Something similar, with the big amounts of qpf in western New England as a constant theme with each run....on multiple guidance.   

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Depends where you are. I think the further northeast you are, round 1 is better. But I agree round 2 is probably going to be undernodeled in many spots. Even on this euro run after it destroys western zones, it looks good further east Monday night. 

How long does it snow into Tuesday you think?

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Looks like a prolonged period of crap icing for many areas inland Sunday night, Monday AM, etc. Should be real nasty stuff with snow before and after. 

For a time down that way H7, H85 and H92 were not very favorable, But you have the right idea with the bookend snows and mix in between.

• Like 1

Just now, JC-CT said:

Anything Tuesday has to be that crap where flakes are falling but accumulations don't actually budge an inch

Yup. It’ll be over here/most in CT before the sun comes up imo.  Always go on the shorter range with these...that’s usually how it goes.  If it lasts longer, then it’s an even nicer surprise. 

Just now, JC-CT said:

Anything Tuesday has to be that crap where flakes are falling but accumulations don't actually budge an inch

There will probably be a lot of that the final 6-8 hours. Wouldn't surprise me if weenie flakes linger much of the day Tuesday in eastern areas. But the accumulating stuff is probably ending early Tuesday morning there.