Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Part 2 never really gets going on Gfs regarding banding ...clown maps not withstanding 

It may be just banded in nature. It’s an occluding storm which usually means banded nature. On the other hand sometimes you get a healthy precip shield if things come together just right 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It may be just banded in nature. It’s an occluding storm which usually means banded nature. On the other hand sometimes you get a healthy precip shield if things come together just right 

i thought some models had a deepening storm Monday evening with good VV's 

Wouldn't an occluding storm with deep E'rly Flow favor those ORH hills nicely

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro looked more cohesive on the qpf maps. The mid-levels look pretty good on the soundings. I could see qpf being a little underdone in round 2 while overdone in round 1. Though someone is gonna get crushed for a time in round 1 as that flow start to turn easterly....classic bent back WF...that looks most likely up in eastern and northeastern areas. 

Round 2 could be sneaky good out west though...even as round 1 isn't totally finished in eastern MA and SE NH. Like overnight Sunday night it could already start going mid-level magic out near Chris and then also filling in over W CT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

i thought some models had a deepening storm Monday evening with good VV's 

Wouldn't an occluding storm with deep E'rly Flow favor those ORH hills nicely

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro looked more cohesive on the qpf maps. The mid-levels look pretty good on the soundings. I could see qpf being a little underdone in round 2 while overdone in round 1. Though someone is gonna get crushed for a time in round 1 as that flow start to turn easterly....classic bent back WF...that looks most likely up in eastern and northeastern areas. 

Round 2 could be sneaky good out west though...even as round 1 isn't totally finished in eastern MA and SE NH. Like overnight Sunday night it could already start going mid-level magic out near Chris and then also filling in over W CT. 

That’s my interpretation too. I think out there may have best combo of deep RH in the mid levels and frontogenesis for round 2. It could spread east and blossom, but I think that’s where it was favorable on the euro. It’s also where it won’t dry out much aloft during the day Monday. Gfs looked decent here Monday night I thought.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

That’s my interpretation too. I think out there may have best combo of deep RH in the mid levels and frontogenesis for round 2. It could spread east and blossom, but I think that’s where it was favorable on the euro. It’s also where it won’t dry out much aloft during the day Monday. Gfs looked decent here Monday night I thought.

Congrats, Chris.